Sr Lead Software Engineer
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 24, 2020
Sr Lead Software EngineerSenior Lead Software Engineer It is not
every day that you can say the software you helped develop will
save hundreds of thousands of lives per year, but at bioM--rieux,
we put innovation to work in life-saving diagnostic devices
deployed across the world.
With engineering centers in St. Louis, France, and Italy, our
Systems Development team collaborates globally to build products
that ensure patient health and consumer safety.
From antibiotic susceptibility testing to organism identification
with mass spectrometry, bioM--rieux offers challenging
opportunities in a science-based domain with a public health focus.
If you're passionate about solving real-world problems, you'll find
a home in our team of expert software developers, engineers, and
Click Here to "Be More" - With the bioM--rieux Systems Development
TeamDescriptionThe Senior Lead Software Engineer will drive
architecture improvements for the VITEK 2 System that helps
hospitals determine the correct antibiotics to treat millions of
infected patients each year.
- Work with and mentor lead developers to ensure all software
components combine to meet your vision and the component quality is
high, also assist lead developers to work through particularly
challenging development activities.
- Work with leads from other disciplines (embedded software,
microbiology, biomathematics---) to define and manage interfaces
between the software and those groups.
- Work with cybersecurity analysts and penetration testers to
ensure patient data is protected.
- Work with microbiology experts and business analysts to learn
microbiology, balance requirements, technical complexity, and long
term vision of the system capabilities.
Minimum QualificationsBS degree in Computer Science, Engineering,
Mathematics, Physics or related scientific discipline, similar
technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
10 or more years of experience of Java Full Stack development.
Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written
- Common open source Java frameworks (Spring, Hibernate,
- OO analysis and design experience including Design Patterns
- Relational database table design and use
- Servlet containers (Tomcat, Jetty, other) and basic HTTP server
- Service/Microservice design and REST concepts
- Continuous integration systems (Jenkins, other)
- Automated unit and integration testing
- Agile development practices (test driven development, pair
- Networking and security concepts (certificates, Windows
domains, LDAP, other)
- Automated installation/deployment processes (InnoSetup, Wix,
bioM--rieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA
Keywords: Biom--rieux, St. Louis , Sr Lead Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!