SUPERVISOR MAINTENANCE - 3rd Shift
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Vi-Jon is one of the nation's oldest brand and private label Health and Beauty Care companies, serving retailers in all 50 states and Canada. For over 100 years, the Vi-Jon name has come to represent some of the highest standards in the manufacturing of quality products in the Health and Beauty Care industry. The Vi-Jon corporate headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, and we operate manufacturing and distribution centers in Missouri and Tennessee 24 hours a day.
Vi-Jon is a company of tradition and commitment to our associates and our customers, and our company culture reflects that. By joining Vi-Jon, you will become part of a team-oriented and entrepreneurial culture that allows associates to grow both personally and professionally. We recognize that a company is not a building, production line, equipment or products, but people. Our company is not made up of just people, but individuals who together make up a team - the Vi-Jon team
Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor (3rd Shift 10:45pm - 7 am)
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary role of the Maintenance Supervisor is to motivate individuals and drive maintenance systems and accountability on their shift. The candidate must be able to direct teams to flow to the work as needed to ensure Safety, Quality, and maximize OEE. The candidate must be able to perform hands-on preventative maintenance, troubleshoot, and repair a wide variety of manufacturing equipment. The candidate needs to be a last resort to be involved in the troubleshooting and maintenance work. This means that they need to be aware of the issues on their shift and add resources and flow additional resources when required to assist with repair work. The Supervisor must have experience in electronics, electrical, pneumatics, fluidics, and mechanical repair and support are needed to keep the manufacturing equipment operating to meet production goals. They will routinely provide feedback to their mechanics to ensure the mechanics are performing as a team to drive out losses on the equipment. The Supervisor should provide feedback to the Manager on their mechanics, both positive and negative to ensure that the individuals are held accountable. The Maintenance Supervisor will work hand-in-hand with the Packaging and Warehouse Supervisors on their shift to ensure all maintenance needs are met.
- Behavior: Exhibit team player qualities of cooperation and coordination; professional interaction in all business contacts, all day, every day
- Attendance: Present for work when scheduled is a mandatory function.
- Safety: Your compliance and enforcement of all company safety rules, procedures and guidelines is essential. Reporting of safety issues is mandatory.
- Be the example with Quality, cGMP's and SOPs.
- Always be up-to-date on your SOPs and all other Quality trainings. Coach and hold accountable your team to be the same.
- Supervise lead mechanics and line mechanics to ensure staffing is appropriate to optimize OEE. This includes flowing them to the work for breakdowns.
- Make recommendations on disciplinary action and complete performance evaluations.
- Monitor attendance for your team. This includes Kronos and vacation scheduling.
- Coordinate team to efficiently execute PM work.
- Identify training and capability gaps and work with Manager and other Supervisors to close them.
- Attend daily production meetings and communicate risks/issues to the teams from the meetings.
- Coordinate building maintenance functions; assists in line installations.
- Supervise initial start-up of new bottle or line; anticipate and correct problems; assign line mechanics to the appropriate production line
- Change parts; set up and adjust lines for various products; monitor line as time permits or as directed.
- Be an expert troubleshooting resource for when your team is struggling to correct an issue. This includes asking open ended questions and driving into the troubleshooting methodology (ex: Why-Why)
- Assist manager with rolling out and leading systems on your teams. Centerlines, Autonomous Maintenance (AM), PM's etc
- Flow to the work to support Page Production. In the end the goal is to get cases out the door to make Vi-Jon and in turn ourselves money.
- Ability to work on any shift and occasional weekend shift if needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge/Education: Bachelor's Degree required in Engineering or related technical degree and/or equivalent experience. Prior production, engineering, & maintenance experience in a line management position is desirable. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work under pressure and work independently. Thorough knowledge of manufacturing methods and techniques employed in continuous flow operations. Computer skills: MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint a must. SAP, INFOR CMMS are a plus. Extensive knowledge of mechanical maintenance activities. Proven ability to lead, supervise, and motivate others.
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years' experience in Maintenance Management for a manufacturing company or comparable industry. Computer literacy and the ability to quickly learn specialized manufacturing software used in a manufacturing environment. Excellent oral and written communication skills to provide direction to fellow Associates and interact with Leaders at all levels of the organization. Provide verbal and written direction, reports, and correspondence within Vi-Jon and outside agencies. A non-compromising approach to operating safely in the plant for the health and welfare of all associates. Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
Physical Demands / Visual Acuity: Standing and walking in the position can require being on your feet the entire shift; other activities are: sitting, climbing, stooping, reaching, grasping, hearing, talking, pushing, pulling, and kneeling. Occasionally assist with lifting boxes/bundles from 5 to 16 lbs. Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more and 20 inches or less with the ability to judge distance and space relationships and bring objects into sharp focus. Requires continuous visual and mental attention.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids: Filler, capper, labeler, bander, tape machine, Unscrambler, drill, and grinder. Computer and related programs, fax, copier, and other standard office equipment.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Worker will be exposed to ambient noise level in a manufacturing environment. Worker exposed to physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts. Worker occasionally exposed to atmospheric conditions such as fumes.
An essential element of the Vi-Jon culture is our commitment to diversity. Vi-Jon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants, and make all employment decisions, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the health and beauty care industry.
Keywords: Vi-Jon, St. Louis , SUPERVISOR MAINTENANCE - 3rd Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!