Restaurant General Manager
Company: The Westin St. Louis
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Location: US-MO-St. Louis# of Openings: 1Category: Food and BeveragePosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status: ExemptAbout Us
The Westin St. Louis boasts 255 oversized modern loft-style rooms and suites, 17,000 square feet of smart meeting space featuring natural light, and a premier downtown location. We are easily accessed via the MetroLink light rail system with a stop just outside our door. At the Westin St. Louis we offer full benefits, retirement plans and wellness incentives. Our associates receive free meals during their working hours, discounted parking and public transportation passes. Our focus is on our team's development and growth and to support this we have a tuition reimbursement program. Not only can associates work in a positive and fun environment, but our team is involved in the local community in giving back. Apply now to join our ever-growing team!
This position is for a Restaurant General Manager. Plan and manage the Human Resources and Operations of the Food and Beverage divisions to achieve customer (guest, associates, corporate and owners) satisfaction and quality service while meeting/exceeding financial goals
- Direct day to day operations for all restaurant outlets, room service, beverage, and purchasing operations.
- Respond to customer trends, needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Market the Food and Beverage outlets; develop and manage the implementation of menus, package deals, promotions, displays, decorations and presentations within corporate guidelines to capture more in house guests and a larger share of the local market to meet/exceed sales and financial goals and objectives.
- Develop, implement and manage the department's business/marketing plan and budget; continually analyze, forecast, monitor and control the labor and food costs through various methods to meet/exceed management/budget objectives.
- Manage the maintenance/sanitation of the Food and Beverage areas and equipment in the hotel to protect the assets, comply with regulations and ensure quality service.
- Implement and manage all company programs to ensure compliance with the SOPs and LSOPs; to include safety and sanitary regulations, all federal, state, franchise, and local regulations to ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to the guest.
- Execute and promote the Accident Prevention Program to minimize liabilities and related expenses.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 3+ years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession. This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or complex problems and food and beverage management.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. PI106831247
Keywords: The Westin St. Louis, St. Louis , Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!