- Ability to walk and stand for during entire shift while
approaching and servicing guests with all food and beverage
requirements in an attentive, friendly, courteous and professional
manner. Reports all issues and complaints to management.
- Clear, clean and reset tables as needed and perform medium work
exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of
force frequently or constantly lift, carry, push, or otherwise move
- Sweep, mop and vacuum floors to ensure that restaurant area and
hallways are free from service debris and that all room service
trays are brought back to the kitchen for breakdown and
- Be familiar with the organization of the restaurant and lounge
and know the function of each job position as well as having a
thorough knowledge of menus and specials in the restaurant.
- Perform opening and closing procedures, and side work duties
according to station rotation assignment to ensure tables and side
stands are kept stocked, tidy and clean.
- Follow all state liquor laws.
- Handle food and beverage service, as required. Carry coffee pots
and beverages throughout the room, refilling guests' cups and
glasses as needed or requested.
- Greet and serve guests following guidelines set by the
policies/procedures regarding the service of food and beverage.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly and must be
able to evaluate and select among alternative course of action
quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
and maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in listening to, understanding, and clarifying
the concerns and issues raised by guests and fellow associates.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data, and basic arithmetic functions to carry out cashiering
functions in closing checks and servicing the guest and use the
POS/Micros system in the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with property
standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Coordinate with Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Supervisor work
priorities, provide assistance and perform other duties as
requested by management, and attend meetings as required by