Transit Security Team Leader
Company: Metro Transit - St. Louis
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Transit Security Team Leader
Full-time employment opportunity with a dynamic and multi-faceted
resource for economic development in the St. Louis region.
Since 1950, we have partnered with private and public organizations
on hundreds of projects that have created thousands of jobs on both
sides of the Mississippi River.
BSD operates with a focus on making a positive impact on the region
and the nation, better connecting the Bi-State area to the rest of
the world. We are impacting neighborhoods, large and small, in
Illinois and in Missouri, with investments that are shaped by our
unique perspective of the region and its potential.
Why Work Here
* Work for a company that strives to make a positive impact in the
* Earn competitive salary
* Gym Discounts with Club Fitness and OneLife Fitness at Ballpark
* 24 hour access to our 9 onsite gyms
* Wellness program that provides free health screenings
* Discounted Cell Phone service
* Free MetroLink and MetroBus access
* Medical, Dental, Vision coverage effective on your 1st day
* 4 weeks earned PTO
* Your Birthday is a floating holiday
* Company sponsored 401k plan
* Employee assistance program
* Bi-State Development is an eligible employer the for Public
Service Student Loan Forgiveness program
A first-line supervisory function, managing the daily field
deployment of a Transit Security team. Provides direct oversight to
ensure proper staffing in the designated security zones along the
MetroLink Light Rail Alignment and within Bus Operations Service
Areas. Coordinates Transit Security during shift, promoting
collaboration with security, law enforcement, and all Metro Transit
departments within each zone. This job function directly supervises
Metro Transit's employee representation within each layered
* Communicates and supports organizational goals through actions,
verbalized and written words; interact effectively with individuals
and groups at all levels and from multi-cultural backgrounds.
Maintains relationships with a variety of working partners and
* Assists the Director of Public Safety and the Transit Security
Field Supervisor with developing, coordinating, managing, and
communicating the security plan and, through proactive leadership,
engages staff to maximize the efficiency of the operation.
* Ensures compliance with all applicable Metro Transit policies,
rules, regulations, and laws; stays abreast of legal regulatory
policy developments affecting areas of responsibility; enforces
requirements fairly and impartially.
* Thoroughly understands Metro Transit's security deployment along
the MetroLink and MetroBus alignment to include the role of the
Transit Security Specialist (T.S.S.) within the layered security
* Is responsible for managing Transit Security Specialists
operations during a particular shift.
* Conducts daily roll call and ensures that the T.S.S. employees
assigned are present, in proper uniform, has proper equipment and
are aware of their zone assignments and all current events which
are related to these locations.
* Ensures that T.S.S. staff are knowledgeable on recent incidents
and provide guidance on how established SOP protocols should be
* Inspect, coordinate, and communicate with T.S.S. staff while in
* Responds to all emergencies or incidents within the zones that
require supervisory oversight and/or at the request of the assigned
T.S.S. and provides direction to staff while coordinating and
responding to emergency situations.
* Coordinates emergency resources when necessary and provides
information on all incidents and events throughout the zones in a
* Reviews internal reports for preliminary approval and completes
internal reports when required.
* Metro Transit liaison with Metro Police Task Force command during
the assigned shift.
Knowledge, Skill, & Abilities
* Strategic thinking - Understands Metro Transit's organizational
priorities and how the Transit Security Specialists support those
priorities. T.S.S. Team Leaders are to ensure their work and the
work of their direct reports, is aligned to the objectives of the
organization as a whole. Must make day-to-day decisions with the
organization's overall success in mind.
* Team building philosophy - Demonstrates to their direct report
team how their roles and customer engagement contributes to the
overall success of the organization.
* Strong ability to build relationships and collaborate with other
frontline supervisors within the organization, as well as with our
* Able to communicate clearly with management, direct reports,
customers, and stakeholders. Able to achieve effective
communication including both empathy and assertiveness.
* Flexible to work a variety of schedules and to work outside in
extreme weather conditions.
* Ability to qualify with and carry firearms as needed (does not
serve in a law enforcement capacity), electronic control devices,
and other specialized equipment to include pepper spray and
collapsible batons (ASP).
* Ability to successfully pass a background check and a
* Strong behavioral skills, assertiveness and positive
* Must have good working knowledge of management practices and
principles to efficiently perform this job function
* Ability to competently use computer and electronics
* Must be able to use independent judgement
* Exercising confident communication and writing skills
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, customers, stakeholders, and the
* Current and valid driver license with a safe driving record
* No disqualifying criminal history
Degree: High School diploma or equivalent required. A 2-year
Associate's Degree desirable. An equivalent combination of skills,
education and experience may be considered.
Years: Three (3) years of either enforcement activities, security,
or military experience. Field supervisory experience in these areas
preferred. Ability to obtain an Armed St. Louis Metropolitan
Security License if required.
Field: Supervisor-Transit Public Safety and Security.
Field: First-line supervisor in customer service related field
dealing with difficult and stressful security situations
Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment
Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and
customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment,
Keywords: Metro Transit - St. Louis, St. Louis , Transit Security Team Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!