Company: Aviator Hotel & Suites
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionUrgently Hiring!Widewaters Hotels is looking for
individuals with creativity and a passion for food and beverage to
join our team! We are excited to be reopen with a full restaurant
renovation which features a fun unique aviation theme!
The Bartender is responsible for providing consistent excellent
service to guests/patrons of the bar/lounge and setting up,
maintaining and operating the bar in an efficient and profitable
manner. The Bartender is required to adhere to the mission and
values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
- 401k Matching
- Wellness Initiatives
- Hotel Discounts and MoreWhat you will be doing
- Maintain a complete knowledge of all bar menu items and answer
questions/make recommendations on menu/alcoholic selections to
- Mix and serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages for patrons
of the bar and dining room following standard recipes and using
specified measurements of alcohol as set by the said recipe.
- Issue, open, and serve wine/champagne bottles.
- Record transactions in POS at time of order.
- Present physical and accurate check to guests and process
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make an attractive display and
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks accordingly and
ensure fruit or other food items are acceptable to safe and
sanitary food handling principles.
- Follow state liquor laws and check identification of customers,
to ensure that they are of legal drinking age.
- Follow your property's approved alcohol awareness training
program at all times to ensure that alcohol is not over served to a
- Set up and maintain cleanliness at all times of bar unit,
tables, and other tools.
- Stock ice, glassware, and paper supplies. Restock bar with
liquor and supplies.
- Wash soiled glassware and remove soiled wares from bar top and
tables and place in designated area.
- Complete closing duties which include but are not limited to:
restocking items, turning off lights, count bank at end of shift,
complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies,
drop off receipts, and secure bank. Secure liquors, beers, wines,
coolers, cabinets, and storage areas.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company
standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, and thank
guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and
professional language.Banquet related duties:
- Set up and break down of portable bar per Banquet Event Order
specifications return all equipment and supplies to proper
- Record inventory of banquet bar prior to and following event to
track consumption of beverages.
- Assist banquet staff in serving food and clearing plates during
meal periods if able.
- Ensure all liquor is properly secured before, during and after
- Remove soiled wares and trash from bar and tables and place in
- High School education or equivalent.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience as a bartender.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry
and have sound customer service skills.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements, and use
of equipment in the Bar
- Knowledge of beer, wine and spirits and familiarity with
standard drink recipes.
- Ability to work on POS equipment.
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management,
- Must be 21 or older
- Must follow all liquor control measures including drink portion
controls and the bottle requisition policy of the property.
Keywords: Aviator Hotel & Suites, St. Louis , Bartender, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!