Company: Moonrise Hotel
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Description:Serve food and beverage items to
customers in a friendly, enthusiastic, professional, and timely
- Serve food and beverage items. Clear tables and return all
equipment to their respective areas. Retrieve all reusable food
items and place them on a separate queen, as provided.
- Ensure service corridor safety by transporting all equipment in
the proper manner. Be responsible for handling of all equipment and
linens. Ensure that all spills and breakage are attended to
- Gather all equipment necessary to service a function and
maintain a clear and immaculate service corridor.
- Assist guests in being seated for banquets
- Be friendly, thorough, accurate and efficient in delivering
- May be required to set banquet rooms before functions
- Assist in re-arranging last minute banquet rooms as requested
by guests or staffOther:Regular attendance in conformance with the
standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential
to the successful performance of this position. Associates with
irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to
and including termination of employment.Due to the cyclical nature
of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work
varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In
addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting
is required.Upon employment, all associates are required to fully
comply with rules and regulations for the safe and effective
operation of the hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel
rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to
and including termination of employment.Supportive Functions:In
addition to performance of the essential functions, this position
may be required to perform a combination of the following
supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each
function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the
particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist in moving any tables and chairs as assigned.
- Inform supervisor of any problems or complaints.
- Responsible for the proper handling of all equipment.
- Adhere to Alcohol Awareness policy/procedures.
- Take every opportunity to amaze the guests
- Ensures all guests are being treated in an efficient and
courteous manner and that all Moonrise and Eclipse standards are
being appliedTeamwork Skills:
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all
- Be self-motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Report to work on time,
- Be available to work a flexible schedule to include weekends
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings,
- Be available to help other departments in emergency
- Perform other assignments as directed by supervisor.
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established
by the company including, but not limited to those contained in the
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures and
security concernsRequired Experience:The individual must possess
the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to
explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential
functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation,
using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary
language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and
- Knowledge of table service standards.
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Ability to describe all menu items and methods of
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate
and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be
able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10 degrees F)
and kitchens (+110 degrees F), possible for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4
hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in a limited
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill
occasional cleaning/inspection tasks.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between
functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing p to
30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up
to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking,
repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing
ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary
equipment.Qualifications:High school or equivalent education
required. Minimum of six months-prior experience in Banquet
Services required.Other Requirements:Adhere to all state and
federal requirements regarding to the service of alcoholAdhere to
all Health Department requirementsGroomingAll associates must
maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Eclipse
StandardsThis job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive
list of all job functions that an associated in this position may
be asked to perform from time to timePowered by
Keywords: Moonrise Hotel, St. Louis , Banquet Server, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!