Team Leader, Application Frameworks & DevOps Tools
Company: Edward D. Jones & Co. L.P.
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: February 25, 2021
50882BR Opportunity Overview Edward Jones is looking for a
leader to help support innovation and growth within the Application
Frameworks and Developer Tools team. The Team Leader plans,
directs, and manages a team of associates and contractors who are
responsible for the developer tools and Java frameworks. These
responsibilities include operation, regulatory compliance, support,
development, security, quality, disaster recovery and
implementation of the tools and frameworks.
- Align the agile team activities, strategies, responsibilities
and objectives with the firm's strategic direction.
- Removing obstacles and coordinating resources to continually
increase team throughput, consistency, predictability, and
- Develop and execute on-going improvements for processes related
to the agile team (e.g. resource management and support
- Ensure the execution and quality of enhancements, support and
- Understanding of the team's systems, processes and technologies
along with developing self on DevOps best practices.--
- Establish and maintain effective communications and
relationships across teams, departments, other divisions and
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective relationships
with vendors while aligning to the firms objectives.
- Contribution and maintenance of a product technology roadmap
and backlog and the application of architectural standards in the
- Typically, responsible for six or more associates and/or
In the people leadership portion of this role, this leader will be
- Maintaining active development plans with each team
- Coaching and mentoring of each team member through observation
and timely feedback.
- Identification of key team positions and develop ready-now
successors. Position Requirements Qualifications Required in the
- Bachelor's degree preferred or related work experience.
- Series 7 License preferred, required within one year of hire.
(I think this has changed but I am not 100% sure)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience directly related to
Information Systems technology with at least 1 year in a leadership
role (mentoring associates, lead analyst, project leaders, etc.)
- Exposure to DevOps, agile and product management practices.
Technical Skills :
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies and
processes within IS (change management, QA, Project Life Cycle,
- Required understanding of DevOps technologies related to or
dependent on the team's systems.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management platforms and Cloud
- Knowledge of developer tools and their interactions,
infrastructure dependencies, system controls, monitoring, etc.
- Understanding of coding standards and best practices. Company
Description At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with
clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who
enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with
clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide
support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver
an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch
offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to
grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors. Awards
- FORTUNE 2020 - Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE
100 Best Companies to Work For-- list.
- From FORTUNE --2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for
millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC
Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25
on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list - the highest
ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the
2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE
magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two
spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of
rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee
feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified--- organizations.
Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work
for in 2019 list, the firm's 20th appearance on the list. The firm
also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services &
Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great
Place to Work and FORTUNE. Position Schedule Full-Time Posting
Location Missouri, St. Louis Home based Associate? Yes Position
Type Home Office EEO Statement Edward Jones does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin,
age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status,
genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable
Keywords: Edward D. Jones & Co. L.P., St. Louis , Team Leader, Application Frameworks & DevOps Tools, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!