RN - ICU Stepdown - Days
Company: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Fulfill your calling at SSM Health.?At SSM Health we know that
being a nurse is more than a career, it is a calling. As an SSM
Health nurse, you have responsibility to carry on a ministry our
founding Sisters set forth more than 144 years ago by offering hope
and healing to our patients and when you join our team, our sacred
ministry is in your hands.? Each one of us brings a special gift to
our Mission, what will yours be?? Employees tell us that the
environment at SSM Health?feels more like a family.? Employees are
warm and friendly, they enjoy each other?s company, they care for
one another and they share a passion for delivering exceptional
patient care!???Join our exceptional team!?Role Purpose:?The Staff
Nurse (RN) provides direct patient care in accordance with
established policies, procedures and protocols of SSM
- Creating an environment that leads to a positive patient care
experience by evaluating, planning and implementing effective plans
of care and communicating with both patients and their
- Serving as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-
coordinated patient care in an acute or clinic setting.
- Making sound decisions in response to changes in
condition/response to treatment while maintaining a calm
- Utilizing the Electronic Health Record to document patient
- Effectively coordinating with physicians and team members
regarding changes in patient status, symptomatology, results of
diagnostic tests and critical test values.
- Demonstrating an attitude that exemplifies SSM values of
Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Stewardship and Community.
- Associate's degree from an accredited
nursing programMissouri RN licenseBLS Certification
- Customer Service abilities and effective listening skills
- Exceptional critical thinking and the ability to work in a team
in a fast paced environment.Preferred Qualifications:
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the
following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 6 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 6?
hours a day
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
Keywords: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis, St. Louis , RN - ICU Stepdown - Days, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!