Sr. Clinical Consultant Needed in St. Louis, MO
Company: Express Scripts
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Family Practice/Primary Care opening in Saint Louis, Missouri. This
and other clinical nurse specialist jobs brought to you by
NursingJobCafe.com POSITION SUMMARYThe Sr. Clinical Consultant will
support quality, safety, and trend initiatives within the Express
Scripts Physician Engagement and Academic Detailing Department.
Primary focus will be to ensure that all physician and pharmacist
consultation initiatives are established and supported according to
specifications, and that clinical criteria are appropriate, and in
agreement with the program's intent. The Sr. Clinical Consultant
serves as a clinical liaison to physicians and other prescribers
regarding specific clients' programs, provides timely responses to
inquiries, and maintains a record of academic detailing activities
and results, as appropriate.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Performs face to face and/or telephone counseling sessions with
physicians, physician support staff, and other prescribers
regarding clinical, quality, safety, and pharmacy trend management
- Utilizes Express Scripts' multiple data analytics programs and
tools to monitor and analyze trends in clients' providers
prescribing, and collaborates with client, client's ESI account
team, and others to optimize opportunities to educate prescribers
with the goal to improve clinical and financial outcomes and
support trend management including appropriate promotion of generic
and formulary prescribing toward client and Express Scripts'
- Maintains record of activity and tracks clinical and financial
impact to client and client's members. --Provides this information
to Director, Clinical Program Management as requested
- Effectively participates in and contributes to staff meetings,
committees and departmental work groups to share best practices,
improve processes, and/or other items relating to provider
- Participates and contributes in formal and informal training
programs and professional development activities which may include
taking, developing, and/or conducting sessions
- May back up other pharmacists as needed and perform additional
duties as determined by the client or managementQUALIFICATIONS
- Licensed pharmacist in good standing.
- Minimum of 3 years pharmacist licensure required.
- 5-8 years of PBM or Health Plan experience preferred.
- Medicare experience preferred.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication
- Proven leadership skills, team-orientation, a proactive
management style and strong commitment to client service a
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritize, resolve complex
issues, and have strong project management skills.
- Ability to learn multiple internal reporting and analytic tools
use advanced problem solving skills.
- Work independently, as well as collaboratively.
- Knowledge of PBM industry/Managed care/Value Based healthcare
industry is desirable.ABOUT THE DEPARTMENTThe Clinical Research &
New Solutions department, housed in our state-of-the-art lab, is
responsible for developing and managing programs and services that
allow our 100 million members to make better health-related
choices. Rooted in health decision science, this department
includes Knowledge Solutions, Customer Solutions, Consumer
Solutions, Research & New Solutions and Clinical Services.ABOUT
EXPRESS SCRIPTSAt Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better
health care system, and we're driven to make it happen. Where some
see obstacles, we see possibilities. We're challengers,
difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners
in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health
for all.We have always acted first to take on the toughest
challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to
uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver
better outcomes - like no one else can. We believe health care can
do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.Express Scripts, part of
Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and
beyond to further total health for all.
Keywords: Express Scripts, St. Louis , Sr. Clinical Consultant Needed in St. Louis, MO, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!