RN - Home Care
Company: SSM Health at Home
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Fulfill your calling at SSM Health. At SSM Health we know that
being a nurse is more than a career, it is a calling. As an SSM
Health nurse, you have responsibility to carry on a ministry our
founding Sisters set forth more than 144 years ago by offering hope
and healing to our patients and when you join our team, our sacred
ministry is in your hands. Each one of us brings a special gift to
our Mission, what will yours be? Employees tell us that the
environment at SSM Health feels more like a family. Employees are
warm and friendly, they enjoy each other's company, they care for
one another and they share a passion for delivering exceptional
patient care! Join our exceptional team!
Under general supervision, provides professional nursing care to
patients within the home setting which includes assessing,
planning, implementing, coordinating, delegating and monitoring
tasks assigned to other members of the care team in accordance with
professional nursing standards. Works in urban or rural areas
according to distribution of staff and patients. Responsible for
the delivery of age appropriate care for assigned adult and
geriatric patients with a wide variety of medical surgical
- Performs patient assessments including: biophysical,
psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age appropriate needs of the
patients, including the assessment of nutrition, pain management,
and signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect in order to develop,
evaluate and modify patient's plan of care.
- In conjunction with other disciplines, develops a realistic,
comprehensive patient family educational plan, using appropriate
resources and methods of instruction and provides patient/family
- In coordination with Clinical Supervisor, assures policies,
practices and procedures are followed.
- Performs documentation, including the processing of physician
orders, in accordance with Home Care policies and procedures.
Monitors and evaluates delivery of nursing care given by team
members based on patient needs and professional judgment.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care
professionals regarding patient care. Identifies need to change
plan(s) of care.
- Meets or exceeds established productivity standard while
maintaining quality patient care.
- Completes annual competency requirements satisfactorily.
- Performs case management & collaborates with other health care
providers & delivers results for positive clinical & financial
- Performs other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications:
- Associate's degree from an accredited nursing program
- Missouri RN license
- At least one year of RN experience (acute care experience
- Valid driver's license
- CPR certification Preferred Qualifications:
- At least one year of Home Health or Hospice experience.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 4 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 4 hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
operation. SSM Health at Home - SSM Health at Home offers highly
skilled and experienced caregivers to help patients through
difficult times. Services include extended at-home care, help
managing pain or special support during terminal illnesses. SSM
Health at Home is located in Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma.
Benefits Statement: Our robust employee benefits package includes
health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment
insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care
reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement,
adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement
plan options and more. Note: not all benefits apply to all
Keywords: SSM Health at Home, St. Louis , RN - Home Care, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!