LPN Charge Nurse
Company: Parc Provence
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 15, 2019
The LPN Charge Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care and
supervising RCS, CMT and restorative nursing assistants as
necessary in resident care. The LPN Charge Nurse also represents
Parc Provence to the residents, their guests, families and the
community. Each employee makes a significant contribution to our
success in fulfilling our mission to safely provide the highest
quality services, programs and facilities possible to enhance the
quality of life for each resident every day.
1. Frequently walking, standing, using arms and hands, handling,
grasping and feeling.
2. Frequently bending, lifting items up to 20 lbs., pushing and
pulling items up to 80 lbs. or more, and assisting residents with
walking or pushing wheelchairs.
3. Frequently sitting, organizing, consulting, planning and
4. Adequate hearing and vision.
5. Constantly understanding and compliance with instruction and
6. Constantly working in inside conditions with residents.
7. Occasionally working with fumes, odor and dust.
8. Constantly working alone and frequently with others.
9. Frequently working with blood borne pathogens. Education
requirements Must possess an active Licensed Practical Nurse
licensure in the state of Missouri. Experience requirements Prefer
1 year experience in a supervisory capacity in a skilled nursing
community or other healthcare related program. Qualifications
Ability to understand and follow directions.
Ability to read, write and speak English. Ability to interact
pleasantly and effectively with staff, residents and families and
possess clear verbal and written communication skills.
Responsibilities The essential duties and responsibilities
described below are representative, but not necessarily
all-inclusive, of the position:
1. Assume responsibility for total nursing care of residents during
assigned shift in accordance with State and Federal regulations and
2. Interpret policies and procedures to staff, residents, families,
visitors and physicians to ensure compliance to these policies and
3. Recognize and interpret change in resident condition, notify
physician and families of condition change and take appropriate
action as directed by the physician.
4. Facilitate and assist with physician visits.
5. Identify emergency situations and initiate appropriate life
6. Prepare and monitor RCS assignments and ensure RCS's are aware
of resident care plan.
7. Follow procedures for admission, transfer and discharge of
residents from community.
8. Monitor/assist in administration/documentation of MD ordered
medication and treatment.
9. Monitor/maintain accurate records of nursing observation & care
provided in nursing notes via EMR/PCC.
10. Monitor resident records for complete/accurate documentation of
11. Monitor and maintain narcotic, psychotropic drug, restraint and
other records as required.
12. Complete incident reports in compliance with policy on EMR &
13. Participate in resident care plan meetings as needed or
14. Complete daily/weekly/monthly treatment documentation to ensure
15. Communicate individual resident care plans to staff & monitor
16. Monitor residents' nutritional intake to ensure proper diet
served and resident nutritionally stable. Monitor Dining room at
17. Arrange for staffing needs to be met for assigned shift & as
needed with DCS/RCD.
18. Counsel nursing staff and recommend correction action to
19. Assure adequate supplies and equipment are on hand to meet
20. Maintain ongoing communication with DCS at all times.
21. Assist in orientation and training of all nursing staff.
22. Notify DCS of staff in service training needs.
23. Follow State Regulations and policies & procedures as set by
the DCS and Administration in all areas of duties.
24. Report maintenance/ safety items to RCD, DCS, receptionist or
MOD if on the weekend.
25. Required to work weekends, holidays, after scheduled hours if
necessary for normal weekend shift coverage, projects, special
26. Follow established guidelines for maintaining the highest level
of confidentiality regarding residents and their personal
27. Participate in all training offered by employer
28. Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Keywords: Parc Provence, St. Louis , LPN Charge Nurse, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!