Youth Emergency Room Enhancement Outreach Therapist
Company: Places for People (MO)
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 19, 2019
General Description Youth ERE Outreach Therapist provides intensive
outreach and engagement to youth and their caregivers, usually in
crisis response to a youth who is experiencing mental health or
substance abuse symptoms. The Youth ERE Outreach Therapist provides
Interventions mostly in home and the community, but can include an
office setting. Interventions will include individual therapy to
youth who have a Severe Emotional Disturbance (SED) or other
qualifying diagnosis as defined by the Missouri Department of
Mental Health, and their families. The Youth ERE Outreach Therapist
acts as the team member for the Youth ERE Outreach Team, providing
clinical input for all persons assigned to the Youth ERE project
caseload. The Youth ERE Outreach Therapist builds and maintains
positive partnerships with hospitals, community mental health
providers, and substance use treatment providers in order to
effectively coordinate care to improve the overall well-being of
persons served. Job responsibilities:
- Identify persons served and facilitate referral for treatment
services; complete an Assessment of Strengths and Needs on each new
- Contribute to the assessment across the generational spectrum
within the youth's household and participate in the outreach team
meetings to develop the most appropriate service options for the
- As needed, provides back-up support to respond to the Youth ERE
- Develop recovery oriented care plans that address behavioral
health, medical, and social barriers for persons served. The plans
will focus on linkage to / engagement with ongoing treatment for
youth clients and caregivers served, addressing issues identified
in plan. There will be an emphasis on crisis response and
stabilization to engage with ongoing services.
- Provide individual therapy to youth with identified behavioral
problems and functional deficits.
- Provide family therapy sessions.
- Assist persons served in identifying appropriate resources,
matching the resources with identified needs, and in prioritizing
attempts to access these resources.
- Assist persons served in developing ongoing community support
- Coordinate correspondence with other agencies to obtain and
provide clinical records of person served as needed.
- Collaborate with other ERE team members and staff at the agency
to which the child will be linked for services to support family
- Educate persons served on mental health and substance use
issues as appropriate.
- Complete all documentation required in an accurate and timely
- Participate in Quality Assurance chart reviews and make
corrections as needed.
- Complete training requirements as outlined by agency policy and
directed by the Youth ERE Coordinator.
- All other duties assigned by supervisor
- Provide back-up for the Youth ERE Coordinator regarding
outreach and assessment for project eligibility for individuals
referred to the project.
- Collaborate closely with the Adult ERE staff.
- Participate in weekly Youth ERE Outreach Team meetings to
strategize about cases, as well as ongoing training opportunities
in project procedures, outreach/engagement techniques, and clinical
- Engage persons served across care settings. Conduct outreach
efforts and provide case management back up for other Youth ERE
Outreach team members as needed.
- Maintain electronic medical records, compile reports, and
complete other program documentation in a timely manner. Job
Qualifications and Requirements Requirements: Master's Degree in
social services field (i.e. Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or
Psychiatric Nursing), Licensure preferred (or with provisional
license or licensure-eligible). Minimum of 3 years experience
providing services to youth with severe emotional disturbance,
including providing therapy. Strong preference for prior training
in trauma focused interventions. CPR, First Aid, and Medication
Administration certifications. Valid driver's license and
insurance. Knowledge of the Eastern Region Mental Health Network,
community resources, entitlement programs, and the DSM-5. Strong
leadership, communication and customer service skills. Excellent
clinical assessment skills and sound clinical judgment. strong
verbal, written, computer, and interpersonal skills. Physical
Requirements: Ability to stand, bend, kneel, lift (20-30 lbs),
navigate steps or use appropriate accommodations, drive and be able
to sit for periods for hours at a time.
Keywords: Places for People (MO), St. Louis , Youth Emergency Room Enhancement Outreach Therapist, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!