RN - ACC Main - Clinic
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Role Purpose: Creates an environment that leads to a positive patient care experience by evaluating, planning and implementing effective patient care plans within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care and operational guidelines. Responsibilities:
- As measured by employee satisfaction, collaborates with team members to accomplish department objectives.
- Contributes to the satisfaction of the medical staff by following physician orders and collaborating with the physicians to deliver best care.
- Planning: Establishes a defines plan of care for all staff members to follow or adjust in conjunction with other disciplines; develops and updates an individualized plan of care based on the identified patient needs to provide consistent care.
- Assessment: Ensures best clinical outcomes by performing and documenting ongoing patient assessments, including biophysical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural and learning needs of patients and families.
- Implementation: Delivers nursing care that reflects knowledge of the nursing process, delegates tasks and acts as a strong patient advocate to promote optimal health.
- Evaluation: Modifies plan of care according to patient condition to achieve desired outcomes.Minimum Qualifications:
- State of MO Nursing License
- 0 to 1 year of experience
- Blood Borne Pathogens Level I
- **DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC** Required Certification: Emergency Dept BLS, TNCC, PALS, CPI, TNS NICU BLS, NRP PICU BLS, PALS Med/Surg BLS, PEARS OR/PACU/ENDO BLS Cardiology BLS, PALS Interventional Radiology BLS, PALS Physical Requirements: Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 50 lbs
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 12 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 12 hours a day
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operation SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital is a not-for-profit, 190-bed inpatient and outpatient pediatric medical center in St. Louis, MO. We specialize in neonatology, cardiology, pediatric and fetal surgery, and cancer services. We care for children of all ages from St. Louis, Missouri, Illinois and from around the world. We also focus on the overall health of our communities in addition to the health of the children living in them. Our love for kids just keeps on growing! Benefits Statement: Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more. Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Join our team for an online chat! There is no formal agenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share your experiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's as simple as texting with a friend. Click here to register today! Associated topics: asn, cardiothoracic, ccu, coronary, domiciliary, intensive care unit, neonatal, nurse rn, psychiatric, registered nurse
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , RN - ACC Main - Clinic, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!