Nurse, NICU, Part time
Company: BJC HealthCare
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: December 10, 2018
Job ID: 1178605
Employment Status: Part-Time
Your Career. Made Better.
For more than 130 years, St. Louis Children's Hospital has provided exceptional care for children in all 50 states and 80 countries around the world. With its academic partner, Washington University School of Medicine, Children's is consistently ranked among the nation's best pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. A member of BJC Healthcare, St. Louis Children's Hospital follows one simple mission - to do what's right for kids. That mission comes to life through medical discovery, innovative therapies and compassionate care. In 2018, Children's expanded with a state-of-the-art, 12-story medical tower. To learn more, visit StLouisChildrens.org, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care to critical neonatal patients who require a high level of clinical expertise.
Participates in activities that promote safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development and life long learning. Understands the unique learning needs of patients and families who are experiencing a life crisis. Educates patients and their families on disease process, management of illness/injury/treatment, support resources, infection prevention techniques, and essential daily tasks to prepare for discharge. Demonstrates expertise and critical thinking skills to assess and evaluate patient's physical, psychosocial and emotional needs of the most critical patients, including:
- post-operative care
- congenital diaphragmatic hernia
- very low birth weight infants
- Evaluates patient's response to complex critical treatment modalities and modifies plan of care accordingly throughout the patient's stay.
- Provides care to acutely and critically ill neonates in a highly technical and ongoing monitoring environment. These infants are facing life-threatening problems which require extensive medication protocols and therapies. Educates families on infants' diagnoses, management, support resources, infection prevention techniques, and essential daily tasks to prepare for discharge.
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's
- 2-5 years
Licenses & Certifications
Preferred Requirements and Additional Job Information
- Bachelor's Degree - NursingLicenses & Certifications
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Cert/Lic in Area of Expertise
Additional Job Information
- 24 Hours per Week -
- Holiday Rotation -
- Day/Night - 12 Hour Shift(s) -
- Weekend Rotation as Required by Department -
- Benefits Eligible - Benefits Statement
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Memorial Medical Group, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: BJC HealthCare, St. Louis , Nurse, NICU, Part time, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!