RN Supervisor Apheresis
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 19, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingMO-SSM Health Saint Louis
University HospitalWorker Type:RegularJob Highlights:SIGN ON BONUS
AVAILABLE FOR QUALIFIED EXTERNAL CANDIDATES!As a member of our
team, you'll enjoy the benefits of flexible schedules,
cross-training, advanced hands on training, and cutting edge
technology! Apheresis is a high adrenaline department where you can
expect to feel valued and respected as a member of the team!
- IV therapy experience required.
- Apheresis and stem cell collection experience preferred.
- On call hours required Join our team today!Job Summary:SSM
Health - St. Louis University Hospital is looking for a Nursing
Supervisor for the Apheresis Department in the Laboratory.
In this role, you will lead a team of nurses who perform many
procedures such as cellular therapy collection to aid in bone
marrow transplants, photopheresis light therapy treatment,
red-and-white blood cell apheresis procedures, and a new cutting
edge procedure called CAR-T.
Nursing experience in IV Therapy or Apheresis is required for this
*You must have a current RN licensure to be considered for this
position.Job Responsibilities and Requirements:PRIMARY
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support
staff during assigned shift. Contributes to performance evaluations
- Serves as a resource to the staff.
- Manages patient flow within assigned area.
- Provides support and coordination for patient emergencies.
- Opens and leads incident command for internal or external
disasters until relieved by assigned administrative
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any
issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, developing
and evaluating staff.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Two years' registered nurse experience, with demonstrated
progressive leadership responsibilityPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.Licenses / Certifications:Advanced Cardiac Life
Support (ACLS) - American Heart Association (AHA), Basic Life
Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association
(AHA), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - American Heart
Association (AHA), Pediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition and
Stabilization (PEARS) - American Heart Association (AHA),
Registered Nurse (RN) - State of Work Location or Compact
Multi-State License, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) - American
Heart Association (AHA)Work Shift:Day Shift (United States of
America)Job Type:EmployeeDepartment:3421000037 ApheresisScheduled
Weekly Hours:40SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM
Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law. Click here to learn more.
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , RN Supervisor Apheresis, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!