RN Transplant Surgical Stepdown Unit
Company: BJC HealthCare
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Additional Information About the Role
- The BJC Registered Nurse Career Ladder differentiates BJC as
the place for nurses to work in the greater St. Louis area.
- This is a tool to empower nurses to work at the top of their
license and own their career progression.
- The BJC RN Career Ladder promotes professional development,
leadership, collaboration, education and service excellence and
gives staff the opportunity to continue doing what they do best -
caring for patients - while having the opportunity to advance to
the next step in their career.
- Moves to higher ladder levels will result in a percentage
increase of current pay that aligns with the new job description. -
At the Washington University and Barnes-Jewish Transplant Center,
we perform approximately 500 solid-organ transplants a year on
average, making us one of the largest organ transplant centers in
the nation. Our doctors are leaders in transplant services and
teachers of the next generation of specialists. With patient care
as our main focus, we provide evidence-based medicine with
compassion. Details:- 37 bed Inpatient Unit- Will handle overflow
from the Emergency Department, Trauma and Ortho units- Full-Time
Benefits Eligible with Pension and 401k- Tuition Assistance-Sign-on
Bonus up to $15,000
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is
the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the
nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish
Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and
community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine,
supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other
medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care,
Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to
be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses
Role Purpose Provides direct patient care activities including
assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation
within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care.
- Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing
environment. Educates patients and their families on how to manage
their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs
and medication administration.
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality
and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional
- Develops, implements, and documents individual plans of care
with defined goals in collaboration with other members of the
interprofessional team and patient, family or caregiver in
accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing
care. Proactively plans and ensures communication of the plan of
care across the continuum of care.
- Uses critical nursing skills to assess and evaluate physical,
psychosocial, and emotional needs according to standards of care.
Assess patient preferences and barriers to involvement in care,
including their values, emotional, spiritual, cultural, and
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned Minimum
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's-Nursing Experience
- No Experience Supervisor Experience
- No Experience Licenses & Certifications
- RN Preferred Requirements Education
- Bachelor's Degree-Nursing Experience
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards At BJC we're committed to providing you and your
family with benefits and resources to help you manage your
physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal
services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan /403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays
and personal time
- Adoption assistance To learn more, go to Not all benefits apply
to all jobs The above information on this description has been
designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: BJC HealthCare, St. Louis , RN Transplant Surgical Stepdown Unit, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!