Sonographer (RDMS & RVT)
Company: BJC HealthCare
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Additional Information About the Role
Are you looking for a new opportunity in Imaging Services? As a
-Sonographer at Missouri Baptist Medical Center, you have the
distinct opportunity to advance the health of our patients and
community. Come join our team!
- Increased Compensation Packages Now Available
- Up to $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Must be RDMS & RVT registered
- 10 Hour Shifts, 4 Days per Week
- 7:30 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Mondays through Thursdays
-Missouri Baptist Medical Center, an acute care hospital in St.
Louis County, offers a full continuum of medical and surgical
services, including heart care, cancer, women and infants, breast
health, gastrointestinal, orthopedic, stroke, therapy, wound and
pain management services. The hospital has a 24-hour adult
emergency department and cares for pediatric patients at a separate
emergency department in collaboration with St. Louis Children's
Hospital. - -Missouri Baptist is the first and only hospital in St.
Louis County to be named a Magnet - hospital by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center (ANCC). The prestigious designation is the
highest credential a health care organization can receive for
nursing excellence and quality patient care. This recognition has
been accomplished by less than nine percent of hospitals
nationwide. Additionally, U.S. News & World Report ranked the
hospital #2 in the St. Louis metro area. -The Radiology
Departmentat Missouri Baptist Medical Center is a full-service,
diagnosticcenter dedicated to deliveringthe highest quality imaging
services to our patients and their physicians. We provide
competent, courteous and compassionate clinical services,
andrespond to requests for services from patients and referring
physicians promptly. Same-day-service and delivering quick results
to physicians are hallmarks of our services.
Role PurposeThe Registered Diagnostic Sonographer performs
ultrasound procedures, including but not limited to abdominal,
small parts, and obstetrical, to adult and pediatric patients for
the purpose of diagnosis and/or treatment of anatomic and
physiologic disorders, and assist with needle procedures (i.e.,
biopsies, drainages, needle placements, etc.). May also perform
vascular procedures. -Responsibilities
- Performs ultrasound imaging examinations.
- Performs studies independently in the Operating Room and or
portable exams as required by the work area.
- Maintains equipment and supplies.
- Ensures proper documentation of procedures.
- Collaborates with Radiologist and medical staff for
- High School Diploma or GEDExperience
- No ExperienceSupervisor Experience
- No ExperienceLicenses & Certifications
- RDMS or equivPreferred RequirementsEducation
- Associate's Degree - SonographyExperience
- Licenses & Certifications
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- RDCS or equiv
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total RewardsAt BJC we're committed to providing you and your
family with benefits and resources to help you manage your
physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal
services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays
and personal time
- Adoption assistanceTo learn more, go to *Not all benefits apply
to all jobsThe above information on this description has been
designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: BJC HealthCare, St. Louis , Sonographer (RDMS & RVT), Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!