Pediatric Float Pool CNA
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 21, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingMO-SSM Health Cardinal
Glennon Children's HospitalWorker Type:RegularJob Highlights:$2,000
Sign On Bonus!**Pediatric Float Pool CNARequired Certification:
Missouri CNAFull Time Night ScheduleA leading academic medical
center, with a Level I Pediatric Trauma Center and Level IV NICU,
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital is a not-for-profit
hospital staffed by the----of Saint Louis University School of
Medicine providing pediatric care to communities throughout
Illinois, Missouri and beyond. At SSM Health Cardinal Glennon, we
care for children and offer services beyond that support the
overall well-being of our patients. We are committed not only to
healing children today, but finding new ways to help them stay
healthy in the future. SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's
Hospital has been designated a Magnet-- Hospital by ANCC.**Sign on
bonuses are for external qualified candidates.-- Internal
candidates, please check with your recruiter to see what options
are available for you.Job Summary:Assists in performing a variety
of nursing care services for patients.Job Responsibilities and
- Receives patient care assignment from the registered nurse (RN)
in charge.-- Initiates delegated tasks based on demonstrated
competence in performing nursing activities for specific patient
age group served.
- Collects and documents data for the admission assessment and
reassessment at specific times for patient population.-- Documents
and provides appropriate data to the RN and/or LPN for analysis and
validation of patient's response to care or treatment and when
significant change occurs in the patient's condition.
- Contributes to safety and quality care by relaying information
via charting and communicating to team members.
- Informs licensed nurse of any changes in patient
condition/needs, of patient complaints, and of patient/significant
other educational needs.
- Answers patients' calls for help, takes their vital signs, and
monitors-- their behavior and physical condition for progress or
deterioration.---- Assists with baths, ambulating, feeding, skin
care, personal and oral hygiene and making occupied and unoccupied
beds.-- Performs dressing changes, enemas, ostomy care, toileting,
turning, cough and deep breathing, catheter care, collection of
biological specimens, measuring and recording intake and output of
- Prepares patients for discharge and accompanies them upon
dismissal as indicated.
- Stocks and maintains supplies and equipment in keeping with
patient care needs and cost containment.-- Utilizes time and
supplies economically and conscientiously.
- Assists with delegated clerical duties such as answering
telephones, relaying messages, transcription of physician orders,
preparing and organizing the patient's medical record.
- Orients new patients and significant others to the nursing
- Performs mechanical and manual operation of equipment as
recommended in user's manual, with ability to recognize common
mechanical problems and initiate appropriate corrective
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Passing grade on state of work location required
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less)
and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting,
squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.Licenses / Certifications:Basic Life Support
HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA),
FUTURE - Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) within 90
days - American Heart Association (AHA)Work Shift:Night Shift
(United States of America)Job Type:EmployeeDepartment:8452010010
Nursing FloatScheduled Weekly Hours:40SSM Health is an equal
opportunity employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , Pediatric Float Pool CNA, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!