Surgical Technician Certified
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 20, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingMO-SSM Health Cardinal
Glennon Children's Hospital Worker Type: Regular Job Highlights:
Surgical Tech - Pediatric OR$10,000 Sign On Bonus! At SSM Health
Cardinal Glennon, we care for children of all ages from St. Louis,
Missouri, Illinois and from around the world. We also focus on the
overall health of our communities in addition to the health of the
children living in them. Sign on bonuses are for external qualified
candidates. Internal candidates, please check with your recruiter
to see what options are available for you .Job Summary:Responsible
for the provision of patient care activities and related
non-professional services necessary for the care of patients and
the maintenance of the Operating Room under the direction of a
Registered Nurse. Sets up Operating Room with needed items for
patient care; gathers supplies, x-rays, instruments, etc., for
cases; handles instruments during procedures. Communicates
information to the RN regarding patients. Job Responsibilities and
Requirements: PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Practices and implements the technical components of patient
care under the supervision of a RN.
- Collaborates with the RN and other healthcare professionals. to
implement a plan of care that incorporates physician preferences,
nursing assessments and diagnostic data in a manner that is
prioritized, timely, and integrated with the plan of care.
- Prepares equipment, supply and resource needs based on an
individualized plan of care. Re-evaluates and modifies resource
needs as needed.
- Communicates accurate and timely information to the Registered
Nurse regarding patients in their care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to perform all
aspects of a variety of surgical procedures. Maintains knowledge
and skills to properly operate all surgical equipment and
instruments. Utilizes appropriate aseptic technique when handling
supplies, instruments, and equipment.
- Follows laboratory policy and procedure to correctly handle and
label all laboratory specimens.
- Documents quality controls thoroughly and accurately according
to unit specific standards.
- Demonstrates competence in problem solving, conflict
resolution, and team building. Serves as a resource to other team
- Organizes and utilizes time efficiently. Demonstrates
appropriate prioritization. Maintains an organized work
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- High school graduate or equivalentEXPERIENCE
- Either prior OR experience or graduation from an approved
surgical technician programPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of vision to judge distances and spatial
relationships and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Constant use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Constant lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent lifting/moving patients.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Frequent use of speech to share information through oral
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing over 50 lbs.
- Occasional use of clear vision at 20 feet or more.
- Occasional use of sitting, squatting, twisting and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional keyboard use/data entry.
- Rare kneeling.Licenses / Certifications:Basic Life Support
HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA),
FUTURE - Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) within 90
days - American Heart Association (AHA)Work Shift:Day Shift (United
States of America) Job Type: Employee Department: Surgery Scheduled
Weekly Hours: 40 SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM
Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law. Click here to learn more.
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , Surgical Technician Certified, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!