Inpatient Surgical Charge Nurse- BJC Healthcare
Company: BJC HealthCare
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Additional Information About the Role
Inpatient Surgical Floor (6th Floor)
In the R&B Surgical Department, we have stable work environment
with a strong team of supportive and experienced Med-Surg Nurses
that are committed to helping each other succeed while providing
excellent care for our pre and post surgery patients.
- Up to a $10,000 Sign On Bonus
- Benefits Eligible - Pension Plan Retirement Benefit
- 12 Hour Shift
- Day Shift - 7:00am-7:00pm
- Shift Differential for Evening/Weekend
- Rotating Weekends
- BSN Differential
- Great Leadership Opportunity!Overview
Christian Hospital is a full-service acute care community hospital
located on 28 acres in north St. Louis County. Christian Hospital
is noted for its excellence in heart services and lifesaving
cardiothoracic surgery, emergency medicine, breast health services,
orthopedic/spine surgery, hyperbaric wound care, pain management,
vascular surgery, endocrinology, gastrointestinal care, stroke
care, nephrology, therapy, radiology, urology, pulmonary care and
treating sleep disorders.
Northwest HealthCare, located six miles west of Christian Hospital,
provides the community 24-hour emergency care, with Washington
University Physicians and St. Louis Children s Hospital providing
pediatric services. Northwest HealthCare is also home to the Sleep
Disorders Center and a variety of full-service outpatient
diagnostic and imaging services in a convenient setting.
The 6th floor is the adult surgical unit with a 52 bed capacity.
There are 16 semi-private rooms. The unit has cardiac telemetry
monitoring capability for 12 beds. There is a treatment room
available. A surgical waiting room is located on the west end of
the unit. Any semi-private room can be made private for isolation
purposes or to accommodate patient requests. A wide variety of
adult and geriatric patients are cared for on the surgical unit.
They specialize in general, vascular, thoracic, gynecological, and
urological surgery. The unit includes patients with infections,
wound care and those requiring isolation. an Enterostomal Therapist
is available to assist in teaching new ostomy patients, marking
pre-surgical ostomy patients as well as facilitating car of
patients with draining wounds or managing skin problems.
Under the direction of manager, plans, directs, and coordinates
activities of a unit on a designated shift. Performs direct patient
care as needed and functions as clinical resource to nursing and
support staff. Assesses, plans, evaluates and documents the nursing
process of assigned unit as needed.
- Participates in professional development
- Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing
environment. Educates patients and their families on how to manage
their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs
and medication administration.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in
collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in
accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing
- Provides unit leadership for defined period of time using
critical thinking assessment and evaluation skills.
- Evaluate patients response and modifies plan of care
accordingly throughout the patients' stay. Minimum Requirements
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's - Nursing Experience
- 2-5 years Supervisor Experience
- No Experience Licenses & Certifications
- RN Preferred Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we re committed to providing you and your family with
benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional,
social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal
services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan /403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays
and personal time
- Adoption assistance To learn more, go to
Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: asn, bsn, ccu, coronary, maternal, nurse,
psychiatric, registed, transitional, unit
Keywords: BJC HealthCare, St. Louis , Inpatient Surgical Charge Nurse- BJC Healthcare, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!