Physician - Adult Psychiatry - Full Time Academic - SLUCare Physician Group
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 18, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling
MO-SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
SLUCare Physician Group is the academic medical practice of SSM
Health, St. Louis with more than 600 health care providers in
hospitals and medical offices throughout the St. Louis region. Our
physicians are among the most highly trained in their fields: more
than 50 specialties in all. We have national and international
experts, renowned for research and innovations in medicine.
- Full Faculty Academic Appointment at Saint Louis
- Competitive salary with exceptional benefits
- Hospital and outpatient offices on the same campus
- A manageable mix of inpatients and outpatients
- Shared Call
- EPIC EMR
In addition to treating patients, SLUCare physicians educate the
next generation of health care professionals at SSM Health St.
Louis. Our teaching is guided by our Catholic Jesuit tradition,
balancing the science of medicine with the soul of it - keeping
people first in all we do.
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff
members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
- Responsible for the standard of practice for patient
- Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all
clinical decision making within the office during times of
- Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of
operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and
capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3)
Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation;
(5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel
management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality
assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
- Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the
practice, in addition to office appointments.
- Participates in community service activities, including
speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as
- Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and
quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Physician - State of Work Location
Day Shift (United States of America)
9990530235 D204-2 Psychiatry-Adult
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin,
age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , Physician - Adult Psychiatry - Full Time Academic - SLUCare Physician Group, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!