Inpatient Surgical Registered Nurse - (Part-Time)
Company: BJC HealthCare
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Additional Information About the Role
- 24-hours, 2 - 12 hour shifts per week
- $7,500 Sign-On Bonus (external hires only)
- Benefits start on 1st of the following month after first
Missouri Baptist Medical Center, an acute care hospital in St.
Louis County, offers a full continuum of medical and surgical
services, including heart care, cancer, women and infants, breast
health, gastrointestinal, orthopedic, stroke, therapy, wound and
pain management services. The hospital has a 24-hour adult
emergency department and cares for pediatric patients at a separate
emergency department in collaboration with St. Louis Children's
Hospital. Missouri Baptist is the first and only hospital in St.
Louis County to be named a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center (ANCC). The prestigious designation is the
highest credential a health care organization can receive for
nursing excellence and quality patient care. This recognition has
been accomplished by less than nine percent of hospitals
nationwide. Additionally, U.S. News & World Report ranked the
hospital in the St. Louis metro area. The Inpatient Surgical floor
at Missouri Baptist Medical Center is a 68-bed unit providing
treatment interventions to primarily post-surgical patients. This
unit also includes has a 10-bed Surgical Complex wing.
Role Purpose Provides direct patient care activities including
assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation
within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care.
- Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing
environment. Educates patients and their families on how to manage
their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs
and medication administration.
- Uses critical nursing skills to assess and evaluate patient's
physical, psychosocial and emotional needs.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in
collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in
accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing
- Evaluates patient's response and modifies plan of care
accordingly throughout the patient's stay.
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality
and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional
development. Minimum Requirements Education
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's - Nursing Experience
- No Experience Supervisor Experience
- No Experience Licenses & Certifications
- RN Preferred Requirements Education
- Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards At BJC we're committed to providing you and your
family with benefits and resources to help you manage your
physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal
services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan /403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays
and personal time
- Adoption assistance To learn more, go to Not all benefits apply
to all jobs The above information on this description has been
designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: BJC HealthCare, St. Louis , Inpatient Surgical Registered Nurse - (Part-Time), Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!