RN Manager- Medical ICU
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 26, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingMO-SSM Health Saint Louis
University Hospital Worker Type: Regular Job Highlights: St. Louis
University Hospital is seeking a Medical ICU RN Manager. We prefer
this person to have at least two years of experience working within
a MICU or recent experience in the ICU.Job Summary:Manages
activities, workflow and nursing resources of assigned nursing
unit(s). Job Responsibilities and Requirements: PRIMARY
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation
requirements for self and within unit.
- Conducts hiring, training, directing, development and
evaluating of staff.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of
patient care services for the assigned unit(s). Develops and
implements policies and procedures to guarantee efficient and
effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitors and adheres to budget. Approves or monitors
expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree in NursingEXPERIENCE
- Two years' registered nurse experience, with demonstrated
progressive leadership responsibilityPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.Licenses / Certifications:Advanced Cardiac Life
Support (ACLS) - American Heart Association (AHA), Basic Life
Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association
(AHA), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) - American Academy
Pediatrics (AAP), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) - American
Heart Association (AHA), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) -
American Academy Pediatrics (AAP), Pediatric Advanced Life Support
(PALS) - American Heart Association (AHA), Registered Nurse (RN) -
State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State LicenseWork Shift:Day
Shift (United States of America) Job Type: Employee Department: ICU
- 4S Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 SSM Health complies with applicable
Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex. Learn more
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , RN Manager- Medical ICU, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...