Lab Associate III - Surgical Pathology
Company: BJC HealthCare
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Additional Information About the Role
Are you interested in gaining experience in our laboratory? Here at
BJC Health Care, we offer state-of-the-art, cutting-edge, automated
technology, providing our patients with high-quality results! Come
and join our organization to not only grow your career; but make a
positive impact on our patients, our staff, and our
- Up to $1,000 sign-on bonus
- Pathology processing and procedural assistance
- Shift: Days M-F 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Includes rotating weekendsOverview
Missouri Baptist Medical Center, an acute care hospital in St.
Louis County, offers a full continuum of medical and surgical
services, including heart care, cancer, women and infants, breast
health, gastrointestinal, orthopedic, stroke, therapy, wound and
pain management services. The hospital has a 24-hour adult
emergency department and cares for pediatric patients at a separate
emergency department in collaboration with St. Louis Children's
Missouri Baptist is the first and only hospital in St. Louis County
to be named a Magnet - hospital by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center (ANCC). The prestigious designation is the
highest credential a health care organization can receive for
nursing excellence and quality patient care. This recognition has
been accomplished by less than nine percent of hospitals
nationwide. Additionally, U.S. News & World Report ranked the
hospital #2 in the St. Louis metro area.
The Clinical Laboratory at Missouri Baptist Medical Center is
committed to improving the health and wellness of patients through
our expertise in laboratory medicine and strong customer service.
The laboratory performs over 1 million tests annually with a focus
on providing accurate and timely results and services to patients
and the community we serve.-The laboratory is fully accredited by
the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and The Joint Commission
on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and the
American Association of Blood Banks (AABB).
Performs a variety of pre analytic, analytic and post analytic
laboratory duties as assigned. BLS certificate must be achieved
within 90 days of employment.
- Performs waived and moderate complex testing with appropriate
training and competency, sweat chloride collections, EKG's,
- Under supervision, reports test results as appropriate.
- Sorts and processes routine and specific high level specimens
received by the lab--including multistep technical processing (i.e.
Histology, Microbiology, Cytology, etc.). Ensures correct
processing and packaging for esoteric send out tests.
- Coordinates a simultaneous series of tasks accurately,
including STAT orders and fluctuation in workload, prioritizing
work to complete within scheduled hours and established turnaround
- Inventory management, equipment cleaning, maintenance, loading,
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-5 years
- No Experience
- Associate's Degree
Licenses & Certifications
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we're committed to providing you and your family with
benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional,
social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal
services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays
and personal time
- Adoption assistanceTo learn more, go to
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: BJC HealthCare, St. Louis , Lab Associate III - Surgical Pathology, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!