September 2023 Graduate Nurse Residency St. Louis Region
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 26, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingMO-SSM Health St. Louis
Corp Sq 10151 Worker Type: Regular Job Highlights: Graduate Nurse
Residency- St. Louis:
- All 2023 positions are Sign On Bonus eligible!
- To be eligible for the September program, candidates must apply
by August 21, 2023!
- September Residency 2023 begins: 9/18/2023
- January Residency 2024 begins: 1/15/2024
- June Residency 2024 begins: 6/17/2024
- All applications will be considered for your preferred start
- 3 Traditional start sessions per year (January, June,
September), but early start options are available for various units
across the St. Louis and St. Charles region
- This competitive Residency provides opportunity for a wide
variety of nursing areas. While opportunities within certain
nursing areas are limited and highly competitive, the Residency
focuses on helping you become a successful nurse now and as you
continue to pursue your long-term goals.
- Provides additional support and education as you begin your
career. This Staff Nurse position is designed for all new nurses
with 6 months or less experience.
- It's never too early to apply! To keep you informed and provide
transparency throughout the application process, the Recruitment
Team will reach out after applying to notify you of the next steps
and expectation of timelines.
- Again, we encourage you to apply today! Our Talent Team is
ready to chat with you about finding your calling within SSM
Health!Opportunities for all SSM Health St. Louis Hospital
- DePaul Hospital- St. Louis
- St. Mary's Hospital- St. Louis
- St. Clare Hospital- Fenton
- Saint Louis University Hospital
- St. Joseph Hospital- St. Charles
- St. Joseph Hospital- Lake Saint Louis
- St. Joseph Hospital- Wentzville
- Cardinal Glennon Children's HospitalJob Summary:Pre-licensure
graduate of an accredited nursing program who actively participates
in SSM Health New Graduate Nurse Residency Program. Under the
direction of RN, provides care to patients within scope of role and
professional standards. Responsible for the delivery of age
appropriate care for assigned patients with a wide variety of
medical conditions. Nurse Residents in the state of Oklahoma can
perform responsibilities designated below (Oklahoma). Nurse
Residents in Wisconsin, Illinois and Missouri can perform all
responsibilities listed. Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIESUnder the direction of the RN Preceptor:
- Performs delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in
performing nursing care activities for population served. Delegated
specialized tasks may include anything for which training was
received in the approved nursing program. In the state of Oklahoma,
this does not include tasks/skills which must be performed by a
- Performs patient assessments including biophysical,
psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age appropriate needs of the
patients, including the assessment of nutrition, pain management,
and signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect in order to develop,
evaluate and modify patient's plan of care.
- Develops a realistic, comprehensive patient family education
plan, using appropriate resources and methods of instruction and
provides patient/family health education and coaching.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation (Oklahoma),
including, but not limited to, the processing of physician orders,
in accordance with policies and procedures. Monitors and evaluates
delivery of nursing care given by team members based on patient
needs and professional judgement.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care
professionals regarding all aspects of patient care.
- Participates in training to understand and perform patient
- Completes competency requirements satisfactorily.
- Completes training as required; seeks assistance and asks
questions as needed to learn and understand role. (Oklahoma)
- As part of the SSM Health nursing department, I will
demonstrate the professional nursing standards defined in the
professional practice model. Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses
to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and
care needs of our patients and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned. (Oklahoma) EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredLicenses / Certifications:FUTURE -
Registered Nurse (RN) within 6 months - State of Work Location or
Compact Multi-State LicenseWork Shift:Variable Shift (United States
of America) Job Type: Employee Department: Scheduled Weekly Hours:
36 SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national
origin, age, disability or sex. Learn more here
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , September 2023 Graduate Nurse Residency St. Louis Region, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!