Charge RN Emergency Department
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 26, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingMO-SSM Health Saint Louis
University Hospital 1201 GrandWorker Type:RegularJob
Highlights:Come join the team! This is a 7p-7a position, with
sign-on bonuses up to $20,000 for experienced RNs!SSM Health St.
Louis University Hospital is looking to grow our team of nurses.
For nearly 30 years, SSM-SLUH has been a designated Level 1 Trauma
Center for Missouri and Illinois. Our LEVEL 1 Time Critical
Diagnosis hospital in Stroke, Trauma and STEMI, is at the forefront
of ground-breaking medical treatments, procedures, clinical trials,
and comprehensive patient care.Fulfill your calling with SSM
Health! Join our team today!Job Summary:Provides leadership and
coordination of unit staffing while ensuring implementation of
clinical objectives and quality patient care.Job Responsibilities
and Requirements:PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support
staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance
evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes
patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate
patient care is given.
- Collaborates with advanced practice providers to ensure quality
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any
issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, developing
and evaluating staff.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- One year of registered nurse experiencePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Licenses / Certifications:Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - American Heart Association (AHA),
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart
Association (AHA), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) - American
Academy Pediatrics (AAP), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) -
American Heart Association (AHA), Pediatric Advanced Life Support
(PALS) - American Academy Pediatrics (AAP), Pediatric Advanced Life
Support (PALS) - American Heart Association (AHA), Registered Nurse
(RN) - State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State LicenseWork
Shift:Night Shift (United States of America)Job
Type:EmployeeDepartment:200####### EDScheduled Weekly Hours:24SSM
Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age,
disability or sex.Learn more here Associated topics: ambulatory,
bsn, cardiothoracic, care unit, intensive, nurse clinical,
psychatric, psychiatric, staff nurse, transitional
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , Charge RN Emergency Department, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!