Company: BJC HealthCare
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Additional Information About the Role
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is the St. Louis region's top adult
hospital. Formed from the merger of the former Barnes and Jewish
Hospitals to become Missouri's largest hospital, it continues the
traditions of its predecessors along with its partner, Washington
University School of Medicine, in providing cutting-edge
treatments, educating future medical professionals and working to
make our community as healthy as it can be.
For over two decades Barnes-Jewish Hospital has been ranked on the
U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals Honor Roll. In 2021,
Barnes-Jewish ranked 17th overall with 11 specialties being ranked.
The hospital was also the first hospital in Missouri to be
designated as a Magnet - hospital in 2003 by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center for excellence in nursing and has been
redesignated consistently since.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is a teaching hospital staffed by more than
1,500 Washington University Physicians, the clinical practice for
the Washington University School of medicine. The academic medicine
partnership has developed many treatments and procedures that are
now common across the globe.
Role PurposeProvides direct patient care activities including
assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation
within the guidelines of the standards of nursing
- Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing
environment. Educates patients and their families on how to manage
their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs
and medication administration.
- Uses critical nursing skills to assess and evaluate patient's
physical, psychosocial and emotional needs.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in
collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in
accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing
- Evaluates patient's response and modifies plan of care
accordingly throughout the patient's stay.
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality
and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.Minimum Requirements
- Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Bachelor's Degree in NursingPreferred Requirements
Benefits and Legal Statement
At BJC we're committed to providing you and your family with
benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional,
social and financial well-being.**
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal
services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays
and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Keywords: BJC HealthCare, St. Louis , RN-Neuro ICU, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!