Cardiac Surgery Physician Assistant - Saint Louis University Hospital
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 24, 2022
- This position involves 6am-7pm rotating 12 hour shifts.
Weekends are required and will rotate 1:4 to 1:6 pending staffing
needs. Nights may be necessary for LVAD program to successfully
- Requirements of proficiency in EVH and CVOR.
- First assist experience (> 2 years) in CVOR specifically
- Endoscopic vein harvest; preferable to also have radial artery
- ICU management in CVICU
- Assist device management: IABP, Impella, ECMO, eventual LVAD
- ICU Procedures: arterial line placement, thoracentesis, chest
tube removal, pacing wire removal, suturing, central line placement
This team is focused on the care and management of a very critical
and tenuous patient. This team also is flexible and works together
well in order to support the entire team and spread
- Conducts patient interviews and documents patient histories,
psychosocial histories, health status and medical problems or
- Under the direction of a physician, performs physical
examinations and specialized diagnostic and/or therapeutic
procedures including cast application and removal, wound suturing
and dressing changes.
- Assists physician in diagnosing medical problems, developing
care plans, and prescribing treatment.
- Orders, schedules and/or performs laboratory tests and
diagnostic procedures such as urinalyses, pregnancy and blood
tests, and x-rays.
- Communicates necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated
effects of scheduled procedures to patient.
- In collaboration with physician, arranges for consultations
with or referrals to other medical professional or community
- Educates patient on health habits, self-examinations, behavior
management, need for follow-up assessments/treatments, at home
medical care, medication and other issues related to medical or
- Participates in professional activities and organizations to
maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and
- Maintains and updates current, accurate patient records
including medical assessment, interventions, and evaluations.
- Collects and interprets diagnostic data to implement
appropriate care patient care plans.
- Prepares statistical reports and analyses of research projects
and investigational protocols; reports on progress, adverse trends
and appropriate conclusions and recommendations.
- Performs related responsibilities as required. MINIMUM
- Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Licensed as appropriate in the state of Missouri.
- May require at least one year of direct experience in one or
more high acuity clinical specialties.
- ACLS, BLS and Healthcare Provider certifications required.
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , Cardiac Surgery Physician Assistant - Saint Louis University Hospital, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!