Pediatrician - Integrative Medicine - DePaul Hospital - Full Time
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job Highlights: Required Qualifications for PIM Physician:
- Foundational training/pediatric experience in integrative
- Vaccination proponent
- Experience treating mental health in kids
- Experience treating complex chronic illness in kids
- Comfortable with herb and supplement use and database
- Comfortable with mindfulness medicine
- Holistic approach to pediatrics
- Open to new paradigms, flexibility in treatment algorithms
- Empathic and patient
- Open to flexible work hours Preferred Qualifications:
- Fellowship training in integrative medicine ideal
- Board eligible or certified in integrative medicine optional
- Physician shall provide pediatric services to patients at
designated hospital(s) or at other Program Sites as determined by
the Program Director. Physician will be responsible for complying
with all of designated hospital bylaws, rules, regulations,
policies and procedures and any such bylaws, rules, regulations,
policies and procedures of any Program Site at which Physician
performs services. RESPONSIBILITIES Evaluates patients and performs
procedures as deemed appropriate by the Medical Director and Site
Supervisor. Responsible for providing patient/family education and
counseling as needed. Remains available at all times during hours
of clinic operation during scheduled clinic days. Responds to
requests for pediatric consults. Collaborates with advance practice
nurse (APN) as needed. Collaborates with members of the Program
team to ensure continuity, appropriateness, and timeliness of care
to patients in Program settings. Completes accurate documentation
of care and services rendered in a timely manner according to SSM
Health policies. Prioritizes and responds to patient, peer and
staff requests for information and patient care inquiries in a
timely manner according to SSM Health standard operating
procedures. Participates in the development, implementation and
evaluation of Pediatric Protocols and Standard Operating
Procedures. Work with peers and co-workers as a team and act in a
professional, respectful manner with patients, other physicians,
nurses, administrators and other personnel to enhance a spirit of
cooperation, mutual respect and trust among members of the patient
care team at all times. Abide by the Program Sites Medical Staff
Code(s) of Conduct. Respect patient privacy by not discussing
patient care information and related issues in public settings.
Recognize employee responsibility in patient safety and their
ability to stop the line . Quality Ensures ongoing quality
improvement programs at each Program Site consistent with
applicable quality programs Participates in the development,
implementation and evaluation of Pediatric Protocols Other Duties.
Physician shall perform other duties as reasonably requested by the
Glennon Care Pediatrics Medical Director, or her/his designee
Behavioral Standards. Physician shall abide by the following
guidelines with respect to peer and co-worker relationships Work
with peers and co-workers as a team and act in a professional,
respectful manner with patients, other physicians, nurses,
administrators, board members and other designated hospital(s) or
Program Site personnel to enhance a spirit of cooperation, mutual
respect and trust among members of the patient care team at all
times Abide by the hospital s and Program Sites Medical Staff
Code(s) of Conduct Recognize that disagreements are inevitable.
However, resolution of these disagreements can contribute to
improved care. When disagreements occur, address these in a
constructive, respectful and direct manner away from patients or
other uninvolved caregivers Respect patient privacy by not
discussing patient care information and related issues in public
settings Recognize employee responsibility in patient safety and
their ability to stop the line Job Summary: Diagnose and treat
injuries or illnesses. Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff
members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
- Responsible for the standard of practice for patient
- Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all
clinical decision making within the office during times of
- Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of
operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and
capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3)
Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation;
(5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel
management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality
assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
- Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the
practice, in addition to office appointments.
- Participates in community service activities, including
speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as
- Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and
quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running. Licenses / Certifications: Physician
- State of Work Location Work Shift: Day Shift (United States of
America) Job Type: Employee Department: CG DP Peds PIM Scheduled
Weekly Hours: 32 SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil
rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, age, disability or sex.
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , Pediatrician - Integrative Medicine - DePaul Hospital - Full Time, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!