RN Clinical Data Abstractor
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Ideal candidates wills have a minimum bachelors of science
degree (RN preferred). Strong background in computer science and/or
five (5) years experience in research, bone marrow transplant,
oncology or equivalent health-related field.Collaborates with
physicians and the electronic health record (EHR) optimization team
to identify what clinical information needs to be abstracted or
analyzed and then abstracts the clinical information from multiple
records and appropriately enters into the EHR database.PRIMARY
- Interacts with physicians and nursing staff in the process of
departmental abstraction of their patients medical information.
Obtain required records from referring physicians and primary care
- Abstracts appropriate clinical information from outside medical
records and inputs into the EHR database for Best Care/Best
- Reviews outside records for information vital to specific
referral, focusing on medical history, surgical history, allergies
and medications. Inputs abstracted data into appropriate defined
areas of EHR.
- Ensures data is abstracted within established timeframes to
ensure continual flow of information and increase efficiency of
office visits facilitating patient entry into specialty
- Applies evidenced based practices to achieve multidisciplinary
collaboration and to facilitate continuity of care.
- Contributes to the overall satisfaction of the department by
actively participating in department functions and offering
assistance to others as needed.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- Two years' registered nurse experiencePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , RN Clinical Data Abstractor, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!