Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: August 7, 2022
$15,000 Sign On Bonus Eligible!This role is pat of the expert
clinical team in the acute care area. Prevents clinical
deterioration in patients outside of intensive care units. Leads
the Critical Response team's initial assessment of critically ill
patients and has the ability and clinical skills to assess and
implement early interventions to prevent cardiopulmonary arrest,
better facilitating the patient's transition to a higher level of
- Acts as the first level of support for the bedside nursing team
when the condition of a patient is in question or jeopardy.
- Educates and supports the bedside team in the evaluation and
management of unstable patients.
- Guides the bedside nursing team to help direct patient
- Assists in determining when to escalate a rapid response.
- Facilitates early and rapid transition of patients to a higher
level of care.
- Closely monitors patients who have recently transferred from
the intensive care unit (ICU).
- Utilizes available data from the electronic medical record and
other sources to identify at risk patients. e.g. Deterioration
Index, Sepsis score and other acuity scores.
- Collects and maintains data related to Rapid Response and Code
episodes to drive process improvement.
- Participates in Ministry Rapid Response and Code debrief
process and Regional Critical Response Nursing Team.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to critical care nursing
practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patients
age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- Two years of registered nurse experience in critical care,
emergency care or progressive carePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , RN-Critical Response, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!