RN-Emergency Department (Float)
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: August 7, 2022
** You may be eligible for our $15,000.00 sign on bonus - please
check with your recruiter for details**At SSM Health, we know the
healing power of presence begins with employees like you. Do you
love providing compassionate care to patients? If so, SSM Health is
in need of a Registered Nurse (RN) for our Regional Float Team.
Were looking for a highly professional RN who is comfortable
traveling to all of our St. Louis Ministries. This RN will
collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to improve patient
outcomes and provide emotional and spiritual support for our
patients and their families. We offer a positive, upbeat work
environment where all medical personnel work together to improve
their skills and to become experts in their area of interest. Here
we rely on teamwork and relationship building and will make a
difference in the lives of our patients. We hope youll want to join
our team.Provides direct nursing care in settings where patients
require complex assessments and intervention, in accordance with
established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the health care
consumers health and/or situation.
- Triages each health care consumer utilizing age,
developmentally appropriate, and culturally sensitive practices to
prioritize and optimize health care consumer flow, expediting those
health care consumers who require immediate care.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the
health care consumer or the situation.
- Implements, coordinates, and educates, to promote health and a
safe practice environment.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting
and the profession.
- Attains knowledge and competence that reflect current nursing
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to Emergency Nursing practice,
ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patients
age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , RN-Emergency Department (Float), Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!