RN Pediatric Surgery
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: August 7, 2022
PRNJoin our dedicated team!SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Childrens
Hospital is one of 26 centers in the nation to be certified as a
Level I Childrens Surgery Center the highest designation possible
by the American College of Surgeons. This verification means that
our hospital meets the highest level of safety standards and
outcomes as determined by the American College of Surgeons.Our
surgical team is designed to manage routine to highly complex
cases. All our surgical team members are trained in specialized
care of children.Delivers professional nursing care in the
operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive
- Performs scrub functions including the selection and handling
of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording
and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing
care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assists operating physician with surgical tasks
including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring
that nursing care is delivered based on patients age-specific needs
and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses
the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the
current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and
our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , RN Pediatric Surgery, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!