Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: August 7, 2022
This position is 7p-7a At SSM Health, we know the healing power
of presence begins with compassionate employees like you. If you
love people SSM Health is the place for you. Our mission and values
put the patient first and place you in a position to improve each
day.Coordinates and facilitates patient admission according to
patient acuity, bed availability, and required services.PRIMARY
- Collaborates with the nursing staff and multidisciplinary team
members to place patient in appropriate level of care to achieve
- Initiates care management process including pre-registration
and insurance verification.
- Stays informed of changes in managed care and communicates
procedural and financial impact to admitting physicians during the
- Reviews medical reports from referring hospitals or physician
offices and relays information to nursing unit. Develops
relationships with referral sources and admission decision
- Coordinates education and development of internal staff and
external departments to ensure understanding of intake review and
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- One year registered nurse experience in telemetry or acute
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , RN-Bed Management, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!