RN Poison Control
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Part Time, 20 hours per weekMissouri Poison Center at SSM Health
Cardinal Glennon Childrens HospitalJoin our dedicated team! Creates
an environment that leads to a positive patient care experience by
evaluating, planning and implementing effective patient care plans
within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care and
operational guidelines. May acquire knowledge of poison prevention
techniques and interpret subtle indications while formulating
accurate questions to aid in decision making responses regarding
toxicology recommendations. May be responsible for emergency
telephone management of poisoning exposures and questions handled
for an entire state.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Staffs a 24-hour emergency telephone service while acting
collaboratively with staff, other health care providers and lay
- Obtains and documents a complete and accurate history. Provides
a calm, reassuring and intelligent interaction with the public and
health care professionals.
- Uses computer for live data collection and documentation,
online resources for information gathering, and communication with
caller through phone system.
- Manages beneficial relationships with individuals and
departments inside and outside of the ministry structure.
- Creates an environment that leads to a positive patient care
experience by evaluating, planning and implementing effective
patient care plans within the guidelines of the standards of
nursing care and operational guidelines.
- May guide treatment advice for both the public and health care
- May utilize advanced technology with live chat and texting to
assist callers with poison information or exposures.
- May acquire knowledge of toxicological resources that are
helpful in managing poison cases.
- May acquire knowledge of poison prevention techniques and
interpret subtle indications while formulating accurate questions
to aid in decision making responses regarding toxicology
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- Three years' registered nurse experience with insight in
medical/surgical, pediatric or maternal/child healthPHYSICAL
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , RN Poison Control, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!