RN Administrative Supervisor - Pediatric Float
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: August 7, 2022
PRN iChoice position offering flexible schedulingA leading
academic medical center, with a Level I Pediatric Trauma Center and
Level IV NICU, SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital is a
not-for-profit hospital staffed by theSLUCare Physician Groupof
Saint Louis University School of Medicine providing pediatric care
to communities throughout Illinois, Missouri and beyond. At SSM
Health Cardinal Glennon, we care for children and offer services
beyond that support the overall well-being of our patients. We are
committed not only to healing children today, but finding new ways
to help them stay healthy in the future. SSM Health Cardinal
Glennon Childrens Hospital has been designated a Magnet Hospital by
ANCC.Coordinates daily operations with leadership team to ensure
implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care for
assigned ministries.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support
staff during assigned shift. Contributes to performance evaluations
- Serves as a resource to the staff.
- Manages patient flow within assigned area.
- Provides support and coordination for patient emergencies.
- Opens and leads incident command for internal or external
disasters until relieved by assigned administrative
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any
issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, developing
and evaluating staff.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- Two years' registered nurse experience, with demonstrated
progressive leadership responsibilityPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , RN Administrative Supervisor - Pediatric Float, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!