RN-Nurse Navigator (S)
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Provides services as a patient navigator throughout the
continuum of care.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Functions as a liaison for management staff, administration,
physicians, managed care companies, community organizations, and
- Collaborates with physicians and advanced practice providers to
ensure quality outcomes. Coordinates efforts for treatment and
promotes quality improvement and educational efforts.
- Compiles data, tracks outcomes, and makes recommendations for
- Provides referrals/support for follow-up care for patients who
are uninsured or underinsured.
- Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning,
intervention, and evaluation in all patient encounters.
- Assists medical provider with processing of diagnostic results
bringing significant values to the providers attention. Exhibits
knowledge of tests and procedures and their significance as related
to patient care.
- Recognizes the implementation of dosages, interactions, side
effects, adverse effects, routes of administration of drugs as they
apply to individual patients. Uses knowledge of medications in
instructing patients about medication therapy.
- Establishes working relationships teaching protocols for
patient education, family counseling and general public
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- Three years' registered nurse experiencePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , RN-Nurse Navigator (S), Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!