RN Charge Nurse Pediatric Med Surg
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: August 6, 2022
$15,000 Sign On Bonus!At SSM Health Cardinal Glennon, we care
for children and offer services beyond that support the overall
well-being of our patients. We are committed not only to healing
children today, but finding new ways to help them stay healthy in
the future. SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital has
been designated a Magnet - Hospital by ANCC. Provides leadership
and coordination of unit staffing while ensuring implementation of
clinical objectives and quality patient care.PRIMARY
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support
staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance
evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes
patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate
patient care is given.
- Collaborates with advanced practice providers to ensure quality
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any
issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, developing
and evaluating staff.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned. EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing EXPERIENCE
- One year of registered nurse experience PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , RN Charge Nurse Pediatric Med Surg, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!