RN - Regional Float Pool - Behavioral Health
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: August 6, 2022
The RNs in our St. Louis Regional Float pool are a special
breed. They are flexible, confident in their abilities, independent
and competent. Because these special RNs float to five of our
ministries, working with amazing team members at each location,
every day is different, exciting and challenging. Our clinical
leadership teams look to these nurses to help standardize practices
across our ministries and improve our overall care model.You will
be assigned to areas that need self-assured and capable RNs, who
can hit the ground running each day. If will be your mission to
join and help a team through challenging times, remaining calm and
confident. You will share in your team's successes and the
professional development of others, as well as yourself.If you are
an RN with three years of experience, looking for a new challenge,
or have thought about pursuing travel opportunities, the St. Louis
Regional Float Pool could be your next career move.Provides direct
patient care to behavioral health patients in accordance with the
established policies and procedures of the facility.PRIMARY
- Completes admitting and shift assessments on assigned patients
including behaviors; accurately and within time-frame set in policy
- Utilizes critical thinking skills and judgement to analyze
patient assessment data and notify physician of changes in
- Participates in the development, review and evaluation of
multidisciplinary treatment plans as per policies and
- Documents all nursing care given and adheres to nursing
standards and ministry policies and procedures.
- Consistently and accurately implements and records physicians
- Assesses and monitors patients and environment for safety
within the unit.
- Serves as a clinical resource and supervises care delivered by
LPN's and techs.
- Educates patients and families based on assessed needs and
documents education provided in the Electronic Health Record.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring
that nursing care is delivered based on patient's age-specific
needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. -
Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to
the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients
and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned. EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , RN - Regional Float Pool - Behavioral Health, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!