RN Pediatric - Emergency Department
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 26, 2022
$7500 Sign On Bonus!Part Time NightsJoin our exceptional staff
of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Administrative Support,
ED Techs, and Paramedics in our Emergency Department!The Dan
Dierdorf Emergency and Trauma Center at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon
Children's Hospital is a designated Level I Pediatric Trauma Center
in both Missouri and Illinois. Nearly 53,000 children visit our
Emergency Department each year for all types of injuries and
illness, ranging from sprains, asthma attacks, viral illness, and
serious traumatic injuries.
We strive to provide exceptional care to our patients and their
family by exemplifying our mission and values in all that we do.
Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
- Cares for patients with life threatening, medically complex
critical illness or diagnosis.
- Delivers highly skilled care with use of technology and complex
- Initiates measures for emergency treatment of patients
including infant resuscitation and advanced life support
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring
that nursing care is delivered based on patients age-specific needs
and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses
the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the
current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and
our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- Six months' registered nurse experiencePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , RN Pediatric - Emergency Department, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!