Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Department
Company: South City Hospital
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionWe are South City Hospital. Our primary function
is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and
social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care
and RN supervision.We focus on providing care for patients who are
not in the acute phase of illness or requiring services in a
hospital and who require primary, restorative, or skilled nursing
services on an inpatient or custodial care basis. Our goal is to
help our patients reach a degree of self-care in essential daily
living.We service a multitude of patients and their families across
our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional
development of our staff, the functional improvement of our
patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our
communities. WHAT WE OFFER
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities
for training and advancement within the medical field that all
employees and team members (including Full-Time and Part-Time) can
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer
competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on
great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full-Time employees are
eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision
insurance. As a RN in our Emergency Department you will be
providing direct nursing care in settings where patients require
complex assessments and intervention, in accordance with
established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the health care
consumer's health and/or situation.
- Triages each health care consumer utilizing age,
developmentally appropriate, and culturally sensitive practices to
prioritize and optimize health care consumer flow, expediting those
health care consumers who require immediate care.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the
health care consumer or the situation.
- Implements, coordinates, and educates, to promote health and a
safe practice environment.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting
and the profession.
- Attains knowledge and competence that reflect current nursing
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to Emergency Nursing practice,
ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient's
age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned. EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing EXPERIENCE
- No experience required PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements. WORK
SCHEDULE 12 Hour Shifts Day (7a) and Night (7p) positions
Keywords: South City Hospital, St. Louis , Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Department, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!