Quality Assurance Nurse (RN)
Company: AGING WELL HEALTH CARE LLC
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 15, 2022
AW Health Care is currently seeking a Full Time Quality Assurance
Nurse to support our Home Health division, This is a remote, work
from home role. However, the successful candidate will be located
within 60 miles of the metro St Louis area and be able to perform
field nursing when emergency situations warrant. Why Work at AW
- We at AW Health Care feel that placing our clients and team
members first, is our top priority. We believe in the saying, happy
team members make for happy clients and we certainly strive to live
by these words.
- We understand that while starting a new job may be exciting, it
can also be a little stressful. That is why we invest the time to
welcome and train each and every team member. Beginning with our
thorough orientation process, we welcome new employees into the AW
Health Care family and strive to provide them with the tools and
resources needed to make the transition as easy as possible.
- We feel that it is important for our team members to have a
voice, but also to feel like that voice is heard and that they are
respected. This is reflected in the retention and progress of our
long-term team members.
- We encourage continuing education and offer countless
opportunities for advancement.
- On top of all that AW Health Care is consistently ranked among
the Top Places to Work and Top Women Owned Businesses in the St
Louis area. Why wouldn't you want to work here?AW Health Care
Benefits:AW Health Care offers its' employees a wide range of
- Matching 40
- And a wide range of s1K
- Paid Time OffSupplemental benefit options including, but not
- Additional Life Insurance
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Accidental Death and DismembermentJob Summary:The Quality Case
Manager is a registered nurse who is responsible for all tasks
related to Quality and Clinical Management of patients. This
includes ensuring that an individual plan of care is developed
which promotes self-care and quality of life through efficient
resource utilization. This person is responsible for developing,
implementing, monitoring, tracking and reporting on quality
assurance projects and quality initiatives for AW Healthcare
patients. This person performs chart review to ensure proper
utilization of services to meet patient care needs and regulatory
compliance through the use of quality indicators, which are
developed in collaboration with the administrative staff.
- Maintains a knowledge base of current
- Knowledgeable and proficient regarding OASIS data and other
- Knowledgeable and adheres to AW Healthcare policies and
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the use of computer software
programs in use by AW Healthcare.
- Assists and supports staff in reconsideration of denials.
- Conferences with staff as needed regarding documentation and
any identified areas of concern in service utilization or
- Tracks problems/concerns/weak areas noted in reviews and
reports trends and in-service needs.
- Updates supervisor and field staff to trends that are
identified in chart review.
- Promotes agency services and programs by participating in
public relations efforts or community activities.
- Recognizes limitations and conferences with supervisor/designee
- Attends and actively participates in staff meetings and
- Understands and actively participates in performance
- Designs, reviews, updates and implements Quality Improvement
Plan annually, while monitoring and reporting progress
- Coordinates quarterly peer review.
- Prepares written summary of Quality Indicator findings of
internally benchmarked standards as well as State and National
performance indicators and makes recommendations for presentation
to the Governing Body and staff.
- Provides orientation education and direction to new personnel,
students, and home care aides.
- Provides education to staff on documentation guidelines,
performance improvement for staff from identified
- Assures documentation quality with regard to regulatory
compliance, utilization of services, timeliness and completeness of
submitted OASIS assessments, visit notes, supervisory activities
and supporting documentation.
- Adheres to HIPAA regulations, educates staff as needed on
relative HIPAA requirements and non-adherence to standards is
identified to appropriate supervisor immediately.
- Participates in staff meetings and in-services, as appropriate;
completes annual mandatory in-services and maintains current CPR
- Performs direct patient care as directed and as staffing
patterns warrant per nursing practice act scope of practice as
- Assists and supports other staff in completion of job duties as
needed or assigned.Reporting Structure:Reports to the Manager,
Quality Assurance.Working Environment:Works in home or company
office setting. May perform patient care as needed during short
staffing.Exposure Risk:High Risk.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, and currently
licensed in the State of Missouri
- Two years of experience in home health management
- Good understanding of Medicare reimbursement guidelines and
other third party payors.
- Possesses good interpersonal relationship and communication
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in the state(s) in
- Requires current state issued driver's license, current motor
vehicle insurance coverage and a motor vehicle in working
condition.Physical Requirements:Ability to perform the following
tasks if necessary:
- Ability to participate in physical activity.
- Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and
being involved in physical activity.
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a
Keywords: AGING WELL HEALTH CARE LLC, St. Louis , Quality Assurance Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!