Pulmonary Function Tech
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Provides diagnostic evaluation of pulmonary function in patients
with respiratory insufficiencies.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs ordered pulmonary function and pulmonary stress
testing. Monitors and evaluates patient response during and after
testing. Documents and reports testing results.
- Determines testing reference ranges and interprets results.
Recognizes and corrects for invalid test results.
- Prepares, maintains and calibrates pulmonary function testing
equipment. Maintains adequate levels of supplies used for testing.
Troubleshoots equipment problems and reports needed
- Provides education and resources to patient and/or patient's
family based on clinical implications.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Associate's degree or equivalent years of experience and
- No experience required.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , Pulmonary Function Tech, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!