Pediatric Emergency Department Registered Nurse
Company: BJC HealthCare
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Information About this Position
- Up to $15,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Benefit Eligible
- 36 Hours per Week
- 7:00 pm - 7:30 am
- Every 3rd Weekend
- Holiday Rotation
Company and Job Overview
St. Louis Children's Hospital is dedicated to improving the health
and lives of children. As one of the top-ranked children's
hospitals in the country, St. Louis Children's provides care in
more than 50 specialty areas through a dedicated team of
physicians, nurses, staff and volunteers. Along with inpatient and
outpatient medical care, the hospital offers education, wellness
and injury-prevention programs to fulfill its mission to "do what's
right for kids."
Providing comprehensive, high-quality care and serving as an
advocate for children has been St. Louis Children's commitment
since its inception in 1879. Today, the hospital serves patients
and families across a 300-mile service area, and has seen patients
from all 50 states and more than 80 countries.
St. Louis Children's consistently ranks among America's Best
Children's Hospitals by U.S.News & World Report in all surveyed
categories. In 2021, St. Louis Children's was one of eight
children's hospitals to rank in the top 25 of all 10 specialties.
The hospital's academic and physician partner, Washington
University School of Medicine, is one of the top-ranked medical
schools in the United States. Since 2005, St. Louis Children's has
been designated as a Magnet - hospital for nursing excellence from
the American Nurses Credentialing Center - (ANCC).
Role PurposeProvides direct patient care activities including
assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation
within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care.
- Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing
environment. Educates patients and their families on how to manage
their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs
and medication administration.
- Uses critical nursing skills to assess and evaluate patient's
physical, psychosocial and emotional needs.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in
collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in
accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing
- Evaluates patient's response and modifies plan of care
accordingly throughout the patient's stay.
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality
and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Nursing Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Bachelor's Degree in NursingBenefits StatementNote: not all
benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital
East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health CenterLegal Statement
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Keywords: BJC HealthCare, St. Louis , Pediatric Emergency Department Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!