RN- L&D (PRN Days)
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 15, 2022
We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through
our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of
unique individuals - careers that not only make the most of your
skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why
Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its "Top 100 Places to
Labor and Birth
- Spontaneous labor/Inductions
- Cesarean Sections- Pre/Post Op Care, Circulating in the OR
- Mom/Baby Care
- Pregnancies 32 weeks and greater with complicated Obstetrical
or Medical History
What We Do
- Acute care of patients throughout their entire pregnancy.
- Triage pregnant patients that may come in for various
- Support patients through the labor and birth process and
continue to care for them as a mother and infant dyad after birth
in the postpartum period.
- Provide peri-operative care for patients during cesarean
- Educate patients on how to care for their infant and themselves
after birth during the postpartum period.
- Along with our lactation consultants, provide an environment
for successful breastfeeding.
- The Family Birth Center is a 13-bed unit that functions as a
- The RNs work with a multidisciplinary team to coordinate care
of the laboring patient.
- Many opportunities for continued education
What we have to offer
- 12-hr shifts with every third weekend rotation
- Benefits effective day 1 for eligible coworkers (48+
- Evening/Night/Weekend Incentive Pay
- RN to BSN Bridge Program for nurses desiring to pursue a
- BSN Incentive for nurses who have completed a BSN program
- Required Education: Nursing Degree from an accredited
- License: current RN license in our state
- Certifications: Basic Life Support certification through the
American Heart Association, L&D - Fetal Monitor Certification
within 2 years, NRP before completion of orientation
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO,
tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are
just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers,
including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of
your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to
pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience
through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're
expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a
positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step
with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid
to do a little extra to deliver excellent care - that's just part
of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we
encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
Keywords: Mercy, St. Louis , RN- L&D (PRN Days), Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!