Inpatient Pharmacy Technician
Company: New Healthcare Soultions
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 23, 2021
New Healthcare Solutions is seeking an Inpatient Pharmacy
Technician for their healthcare client located in St. Louis, MO.
This is a 13 week contract.Shift 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM; shifts (5-8
hour shifts may vary per week).Must be comfortable working every
other weekend if need be.
- The Pharmacy Technician assists pharmacists in preparing,
compounding, and dispensing medications and are accountable to the
supervising pharmacist who is legally responsible for the care and
safety of the patients served by the pharmacy.
- Responsibilities of the position include (but not limited
- Inputs data into Epic as appropriate. Completes department
approved sterile compounding training as appropriate.
- Prepares and compounds sterile preparation including
chemotherapy and hazardous medications as appropriate.
- Prepares orders for dispensing by a pharmacist by retrieving,
counting and at times mixing medication.
- Accurately fills orders or prescriptions for any and all
medication in a timely manner. Receives and maintains inventory of
drugs and ensures their security.
- Delivers medication to patients or hospital staff after
- Orders and stocks medications and supplies. Retrieves unused
medications from the patient care areas and ready area within
Pharmacy and credits, when appropriate. Follows hazardous waste
procedures.Experience: 3+ years of Inpatient Pharmacy Technician
experienceCertifications: CPhT - preferred.Job Types: Full-time,
ContractPay: $40.00 - $45.00 per hourBenefits:
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availabilityEducation:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Pharmacy technician experience: 3 years (Required)Work
Location: One location
Keywords: New Healthcare Soultions, St. Louis , Inpatient Pharmacy Technician, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!