Medical Records Specialist I
Company: CIOX Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Overview:At Ciox Health, people are most important to us. We
strive to have a positive impact on each individual in regard to
their personal health information. If you're looking to make a
difference in the lives of many, please join the Ciox Team!Position
- Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm CST.
- Full Benefits: PTO, Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance and
401k Savings Plan & Tuition Assistance
- Location: This role will be performed at one medical facility
(St. Louis, 63117)
- Tasks: Handling Customer service calls, Processing and
releasing medical records requests in a production based
environment, Utilizing multiple Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Required Experience: Customer Service, Health Information,
Electronic Medical Records Systems, Understanding of HIPAA
requirements for releasing medical records.This is an entry level
position responsible for processing all release of information
(ROI) specifically medical record requests in a timely and
efficient manner ensuring accuracy and providing customers with the
highest quality product and customer service. Associate must at all
times safeguard and protect the patient's right to privacy by
ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the
patient's medical information and that all releases of information
are in compliance with the request, authorization, company policy
and HIPAA regulations.Responsibilities:
- Receive and process requests for patient health information in
accordance with Company and Facility policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality and security with all privileged
- Maintain working knowledge of Company and facility
- Adhere to the Company's and Customer facilities Code of Conduct
- Inform manager of work, site difficulties, and/or fluctuating
- Assist with additional work duties or responsibilities as
evident or required.
- Consistent application of medical privacy regulations to guard
against unauthorized disclosure.
- Responsible for managing patient health records.
- Responsible for safeguarding patient records and ensuring
compliance with HIPAA standards.
- Prepares new patient charts, gathering documents and
information from paper sources and/or electronic health
- Ensures medical records are assembled in standard order and are
accurate and complete.
- Creates digital images of paperwork to be stored in the
electronic medical record.
- Responds to requests for patient records, both within the
facility and by external sources, retrieving them and transmitting
- Answering of inbound/outbound calls.
- May assist with patient walk-ins.
- May assist with administrative duties such as handling faxes,
opening mail, and data entry.
- Must meet productivity expectations as outlined at specific
- May schedules pick-ups.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications:Required
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to commute between locations as needed.
- Able to work overtime during peak seasons when required.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Comfortable utilizing phones, fax machine, printers, and other
general office equipment on a regular basis.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills in the
- Detail and quality oriented as it relates to accurate and
compliant information for medical records.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision responding to
changing priorities and role needs.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Able to respond to requests in a fast-paced
- Experience in a healthcare environment.
- Previous production/metric-based work experience.
- In-person customer service experience.
- Ability to build relationships with on-site clients and
- Comfortable bringing new ideas, process improvement
suggestions, and feedback to internal stakeholders.Working
conditions & physical demandsWork is generally performed in an
office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to
unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Must have the
ability to stand and sit frequently throughout an eight-hour
period, reach horizontally and vertically for overhead use. Must be
able to use a telephone or headset equipment. Incumbent must be
able to lift 20 lbs., perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8
hours a day, and function in an environment with constant
interruptions. Reasonable accommodations are available to qualified
individuals with disabilities. Low to no travel required.#ZR
Keywords: CIOX Health, St. Louis , Medical Records Specialist I, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!