Pediatric ER Patient Care Manager- BJC Healthcare
Company: BJC HealthCare
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Additional Job Information
- 40 Hours per Week -
- #BJCcareers -
- Salaried -
- Benefits Eligible -
Employment Status: Full-Time
For more than 130 years, St. Louis Children's Hospital has provided
exceptional care for children in all 50 states and 80 countries
around the world. With its academic partner, Washington University
School of Medicine, Children s is consistently ranked among the
nation s best pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. A
member of BJC Healthcare, St. Louis Children s Hospital follows one
simple mission to do what s right for kids. That mission comes to
life through medical discovery, innovative therapies and
compassionate care. In 2018, Children's expanded with a
state-of-the-art, 12-story medical tower. To learn more, visit
StLouisChildrens.org , Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .
Role PurposeResponsible for the operational and clinical management
of a designated patient care unit(s) on a 24 hour basis. Oversees a
span of control and financial responsibility of > 72 FTE's
supervised + > $2.5 million in total expenses OR > 40 FTE's
supervised + > $5 million in total expenses.
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires,
trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts
professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and
actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of
the department as established by department leadership.
- Develops and adheres to departmental staffing, revenue and/or
expense budgets. Responds to changes in the business which may
affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.
- Directs the delivery of safe and appropriate patient care
governed by evidence based clinical and management practice.
- Ensures team compliance with departmental policies, regulatory
requirements and professional standards; keeps policies and
procedures up-to-date and participates in revisions as needed.
- Promotes, and is accountable for customer satisfaction, process
indicators, quality improvement plans and outcomes in work
- Researches, evaluates, selects and implements systems which
improve efficiency of work unit operations.
- Supports and assists the growth of existing or new
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job. Minimum Requirements
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's - Nursing Experience
- 2-5 years Supervisor Experience
- Licenses & Certifications
- RN Preferred Requirements and Additional Job Information
- Bachelor's Degree - Nursing Experience
- 5-10 years Supervisor Experience
- 2-5 years Licenses & Certifications
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Certification in Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC)
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) Certification
- Trauma Nurse Specialist (TNS) Certification Benefits
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings- Comprehensive
medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options-
Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan- 401(k) plan- Tuition Assistance- Health
Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts- On-Site Fitness
Center (depending on location)- Paid Time Off Program for vacation,
holiday and sick time *Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital,
Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer Associated topics: adhd, arnp, child,
children, kid, md do, neonatology, ped, primary, primary care
Keywords: BJC HealthCare, St. Louis , Pediatric ER Patient Care Manager- BJC Healthcare, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!