Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS) - $25-37 per hour
Company: Vivian Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 6, 2021
SSM Health is seeking a Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS) for a job
in Saint Louis, Missouri.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS)
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Performs a full range of laboratory tests from simple blood
tests to more complex tests.
- Interprets test reports and communicates findings to
- Escalates unusual, critical or abnormal results.
- Operates complex electronic equipment, computers and precision
- Maintains accuracy of equipment and reagents by performing
established preventive maintenance procedures.
- Assists providers in choosing appropriate lab test.
- Performs and evaluates quality control procedures.
- Operates, maintains, calibrates and troubleshoots
- Assists with the proper storage of hazardous materials.
- Reviews current literature and attends meetings and seminars to
keep informed of new developments in field.
- Assists in the proficiency testing program in the lab.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Associate's degree or equivalent years of experience and
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.This is a part time position, 8 Hours/Week,
covering Evenings and Nights at SSM Health-St. Mary's HospitalUnder
general direction, interpret and report test results. Perform
routine and complex technical laboratory analyses using established
procedures and protocols. Perform chemical, microscopic, and
bacteriologic tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and
treatment of patients.
About SSM HealthThrough our exceptional health care services, we
reveal the healing presence of God. SSM Health is a Catholic,
not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs
of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully
integrated health care delivery system. The organization's nearly
40,000 employees and 11,000 providers are committed to providing
exceptional health care services and revealing God's healing
presence to everyone they serve. With care delivery sites in
Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin, SSM Health includes 23
hospitals, more than 290 physician offices and other outpatient and
virtual care services, 10 post-acute facilities, comprehensive home
care and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, a health
insurance company and an accountable care organization. It is one
of the largest employers in every community it serves. Our Mission:
Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing
presence of God. Spending nearly one year developing a single
Mission statement and values for the entire organization, SSM
Health tasked 3,000 employees with framing it just right. Today
that Mission statement is 13 words - short by design. Inspired by
our founding religious sisters, our Mission defines the way we do
things. Because those words come from employees, we embrace the
mission as our own. Values Inspired by our founding religious
sisters, we value the sacredness and dignity of each person.
Therefore, we find these five values consistent with our heritage
and ministry: - Compassion:--We reveal the healing presence of God
through compassionate care focused on the fullness of the person. -
Respect:--We respect life at all stages and promote the dignity and
well-being of every person. - Excellence:--We provide exceptional
care and service through employees and physicians dedicated to our
Mission. - Stewardship:--We use financial, human and natural
resources responsibly and care for the environment. -
Community:--We cultivate relationships that inspire service and
promote justice in our organization and throughout our communities,
with special concern for the poor and marginalized. SSM Health's
Quality Principles - Patients and other customers are our first
priority. - Quality is achieved through people. - All work is part
of a process. - Decision-making by facts. - Quality requires
continuous quality improvement. Vision Through our participation in
the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, communities, especially those
that are economically, physically and socially marginalized, will
experience improved health in mind, body, spirit and environment
within the financial limits of the system. Benefits - Medical Plans
- Discounted Medical Premiums (if qualified) - Dental Plans -
Vision Plans - Health Savings Account (HSA) - Health Care FSA -
Dependent Care FSA - Retirement Savings - Paid Time Off (PTO) -
Disability - Life Insurance - Tuition Reimbursement - Adoption
Reimbursement - Bereavement - Employee Assistance Program -
Relocation Bonus (if qualified)
Keywords: Vivian Health, St. Louis , Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS) - $25-37 per hour, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!